Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO On-Line Fishing Tournament  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
We are excited to announce the 1st Official MNO On-Line Fishing Tournament!

$10.00 per person with 100% of the entry fees collected being paid back to the winners!!

The Tournament will be simple. There will be 3 categories of fish; Walleye, panfish and Largemouth Bass. You can select whichever category you would like to enter. You are not limited to one category but you are limited to only one entry per category. For each category you enter you are required to pay the $10.00 entry fee. So if you want in all 3 categories you must send in $30.00 and if you are only entering one category you need to send in $10.00

The contest will begin on August 1, 2007 and it will end at 11:59pm September 3, 2007.

You will have just over a month. We will accept registration up until the 15th of August (entry form must be post marked 8/15/07). For late registration there will be a 48hr. grace period from the day that I receive your entry fee until the time you can register a fish. For all that do register I will need an email address and username. I will send you confirmation when I receive your entry and when the contest begins or when your 48hr window is up I will then give you your unique "pin" number that will need to be in the picture.

Rules

1: It is open to all MNO members. If you are not a member simply register on the site.

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?action=register

It is free to register and your personal information will stay personal, you will not receive any spam.

2: There will be 3 categories of fish. For each Tournament that you sign up for you will be allowed to enter 2 fish per person, except for the panfish category which will allow you to enter up to 4 fish for a combined total length. In the Walleye and Bass categories you will be judged by each individual fish, it will not be combined length.

Tournament 1: Walleye

Tournament 2: Largemouth Bass

Tournament 3: Panfish (Crappie & Sunfish)
**You are allowed to enter 4 fish for the panfish category for a combined total length.

The fish that you enter will be judged by length not weight, so please make sure you have a good legible device to measure your fish. If we are unable to determine the length of the fish in the picture it will not be accepted so please make sure you take clear and legible pictures of the fish being measured.

*In the event of a tie the pictures will be closely examined and if we do find that there may be a difference it will be brought before a panel of 4 judges. If the fish are the same length the tie breaker will be the second fish submitted by each angler, so please submit a second fish. If there is a tie in the panfish category it will go the angler who has the largest crappie, if that is a tie it will go to the angler who has the biggest sunfish.

4: Once we receive your entry fee a unique number will be assigned to you. This unique number will need to be in the picture of the fish that you register in the Tournament. If your entry fee and registration is received before August 1st you will receive your "pin" number at approximately 12:01am on August 1st so you are ready to go right away! If you register late there will be a 48 hr grace period from the time I receive your entry fee and registration to the time I will issue you your "pin" number.

5: How to register your fish:

You will need to take 2 pictures of the fish that you plan to register. In each of the pictures you will have to have your "pin" number written on a piece of paper and legible. We will need a picture of the fish on the device you are using to measure. The picture needs to be of the entire fish being measured. We will also require a picture of you holding the fish. The "Pin" number needs to be in each of the pictures for them to be valid and excepted in the contest. It is also highly recommended that your picture of the fish be taken right away. We will not accept pictures of fish that are noticeably frozen or dead. So please if you are fishing in this on-line tournament please bring a camera along with you in the boat and have your ruler ready. Any questionable pictures will go in front of the 4 man panel to determine the outcome. We do reserve the right to disqualify any picture that we believe have been tampered with or falsified in any way.

Pictures will need to be posted in the correct thread will will be available on August 1st. If you do not know how to post pictures please send them to:

onlinetournament@mnoutdoorsman.com

To sign up for the tournament you need to send a check or money order for $10.00 for each tournament to:

Minnesota Outdoorsman
                                  c/o Tim Filiowich
                                  13305 Humber St. NE
                                  Columbus, Mn 55025

*All checks/Money Orders made out to MNO or Minnesota Outdoorsman

With your $10.00 entry fee please include the following!!

• Please specify the species and the tournament you will be fishing in. There are 3 tournaments:

Tournament 1: Walleye

Tournament 2: Largemouth Bass

Tournament 3: Panfish (Crappie & Sunfish)

• MNO username.
  • Email address
  • Name and Address

Payout:

100% of the entry fees will be paid back to the winning fisherman!!

The payout will go to the top 3 spots in each category.

1st and 2nd place yet to be determined and 3rd place will be their entry fee of $10.00 returned.

We may also have some additional prizes to give away but that will not be determined until August 1st. 

The amounts will be calculated by August 20th. (this will give us time to calculate entry fees for all categories and determine the payout.)

*We are allowing late entries due to the fact that we have to use the USPS. There are no promises that I will receive that entry form in a day or 3. Because of this I have chosen to let people register up to the 15th. That is ample time to get your entry for and money in.

This contest is for members only, sorry staff! ;)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
This is a trial to see if it will take off. We could ultimately have one for every month for the winter months and into the open water season. I think it could be a lot of fun.

Any interest out there???

Thanks! ;)

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Some interest from me (if I ever get out again for more then 1 hour)

Make an entire BASS portion not just Large Mouth. 

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Some interest from me (if I ever get out again for more then 1 hour)

Make an entire BASS portion not just Large Mouth. 

OK...Lets switch it. Noone has registered so we will do it.

ALL SMALLMOUTH AND LARGEMOUTH ARE ELIGIBLE!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
HOW DID I MISS THIS!?!?!   :taz:  IM IN!  IM IN!!  This sounds like a blast.  A little friendly wager and friendly competition.  Heck yeah!!  I'll get my moolaa on your way soon.  I'll show it to my kids and see how many of them want to do this too.

And for everyone else out there, you KNOW you're gonna be fishing so what's $10 and takin 2 picutres?  A lot of fun is what it is!!!!   ;D  So c'mon, lets get er goin!!!! 

Sounds like you put a lot of thought and hard work into this.  Thanks.  I think it'll be fun.   

::fishing::  Thats my walley right there. 
Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
:whistling:

Not a lot of interest. Maybe we could put it on hold until Ice Season??

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I was just going to mail a check.  I guess let me know before I mail it.  Sure sounds like a good idea to me.

Anyone?  ??? Anyone?   ??? Bueller?   ??? Bueller?  ???

A lot of us are fishing anyway right??   ::fishing::

Well let me know Mayfly.  I'll mail it if the tournament is still on.

Grute

Offline barebackjack

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So I have this problem I dont have a camera that has a wide enough lens to capture the whole lenght of the fish I catch :ROTFLMAO:
IBOT #197 Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy ~jigglestick

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
maybe the lens would stretch if you didnt soak it in jack daniels...just kidden