Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska 9.19.07  (Read 5435 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
192 "measured" walleyes caught over the 2 day Fall Walleye Classic.  Even with the drastically changing temps and high winds of the first day, that is alot of walleyes.  Many more smaller eyes were released as well.

Fishing techniques varied greatly and seemed that anything worked to some degree but most made many changes throughout the day including changing locations.  Reports were that several boats found some real hot spots during the pre-fishing...but the fish had moved or just weren't in the mood for the bite.

Local reports are crawlers off of School Point as well as jib and minnow.  I still have my best luck with cranks at 10 to 12 feet and 14 toi 16 feet depending on where I am marking them.  I was a strict Rapal guy...#7 and #9 respectfully...but the success of the Reef Runners has got me switched over.  If you haven't tried the Reef Runners...you better.  It is usually 5 fish to 1 when I have others in the boat with me to have more lines down...the Reef Runner always out-produces.  Perch seems to be the cooler.

I am still having good results in shallow later on but have yet to get out for the night fishing...I am itching to go and my 5 year old pesters me every day to "go fishing".

Bottom line is that there are alot of walleyes in Minnewaska and they aren't too hard to catch.  With no size limits (voluntary 15"), it makes a good lake to venture to for a meal.

Over the past couple of weeks we have gotten in some REALLY big fatheads...these are like small sucker minnows and lively as heck.  The tournament guys really liked them.  Stop in and take a look.

Anyone else been on Minnewaska?

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
thanks for the report kyle
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy