Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Putz's soup shoot and stew feed  (Read 2954 times)

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
It's time once again for Putz's anual soup shoot and stew feed.

Here are the details:

We gather at the Putz Villa for a weekend of feasting on putz's great stew, and what ever else shows up with whomever shows up. There is room for campers or fish houses for those who would like to spend the night. There may be some accomodations available, but you would have to contact us and check first.

Friday, we will be sitting around, (hopefully) the campfire, doing our best to fight off the wild beer population. did you know these damn things are every where? rumor has it they are making more every day too! we must do our part to stamp out this mind numbing pest.

Saturday we will start out even earlier than last year. bring your shotgun of choice, and plenty of ammo. I mean plenty! last year we went through over 2500 rounds.
I shot over a case myself. We shot until the neighbor called the cops.
This guy is a dick. not an old duffer either. younger than me, I would say late thirties?
couple kids, hot ol lady, and youl'd think he'd join in the fun, but he doesn't. he has called the law on us, we are on a first name basis with them. deputies, and C.O.'s too.
funny thing is, the dumb ass doesn't realize there is no sound ordinance in effect in itasca county outside city limmits. so, like I said, we will start early with round of trap, and a wee bit of "annie oakly" thrown in the mix. it's a good way to blow the dust out of your barrel and throw your shoulder out of joint at the same time.

we do this the first weekend of small game season. every body is in the mood for shooting, but the leaves are generaly to heavy to shoot grouse anyways. it just seems to be a good weekend to do it.

Hope to see you at the soup shoot!

Anybody who would like to come, reply here or get ahold of me or Putz .
P.M.'s are fine. this is happening about 8 miles north of Grand Rapids on hwy 38.
this gets better each year. last year was a hoot. meet the likes of Griz, snowshoe, dirtball, goose, nutsy, russ and judy bareback jack, buckhead, myself Putz, and many more. I have invited the gang at minnowfaces to add in their own bit of entertainment.
now all we need is a dancing bear? hmmmmm....

come one come all ::cheers::
« Last Edit: August 08/29/07, 02:14:38 PM by Mayfly »
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Have fun this weekend everyone. If any of you have the chance to stop in at the soup shoot, you'll have a blast. This group knows how to have a good time and you will feel very welcomed.

MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
let me throw into the mix a cruise on the houseboat for friday and we can't go wrong!
we can cruise the waters of cutfoot souix, taking in the fall colors and maybe even drift a line over a school of hungry walleyes?

taking things back to the villa friday evening for a campfire sounds fitting.
with the weather cooling down we may have to tip the schnapps bottle for warmth and medicinal purposses of course ;)

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dang!!!  I wished you lived closer to Grove City or I lived closer to Grand Rapids.  This sounds like my kind of people. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
we are almost everybody's type of people.
drink beer, eat good food, lie about catching big fish, though once in a while one accidentaly swims into our hooks.
with shot guns, we couldn't hit the barn side of a broad, but we like to stimulate the economy by disposing of as many clay pigeons as we can in one day. just doing our part, no thanks nessecary.
you know, its really not that far ;)

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Except for your neighbors
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline TNT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
hey trucker,
how about some pics from this years piss off the fffffing neighbor day,
that is if ya snapped some shots thru the digital also,
roll on.