Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Show unread posts since last visit  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I haven't been able to show new posts since last visit for awhile now. Is there a setting I may have changed that would effect this?
This is what I get everytime I vivst the site: "No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics" Usually I get a list of all new posts since my last visit.
« Last Edit: November 11/21/07, 10:52:14 PM by Joe »
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Hmmmm. Not sure why that is happening.

Are you visiting the site and then going elsewhere for a minute or two and then coming back and trying to view posts since last visit??? If so that might be the problem.

Also, when you click on "Show unread posts since last visit" it will take you to another screen. One that screen you will see an option in black bold that says "All Unread Topics" it may be hard to find but look on the right half of the screen and you will see it...just keep looking it is there. Cick on that and you will probably have about 500 posts.

Let me know if this helps.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Happened again this morning. There must of been new posts since my last visit, I don't know maybe not?

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Have you found ALL UNREAD POSTS option?

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I have this same problem on my home computer.  It seems to only happen if my kids or wife use the computer after I do.  I'm guessing it is some type of setting on Internet Explorer, but I have not really looked into it.  If you just use the all unread posts link it works just as well.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
It only seems to happens on my home computer also. Are you running Vista at home?

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
XP, I have Vista on my laptop and don't ever have a problem the posts on it. 

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Well I was logged out when I got to the site tonight and when I logged in the show unread posts link worked fine. I should have tried that a long time ago. :bonk: