Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska 12.17.07  (Read 5672 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Minnewaska update 12.17.07

Ice conditions are mostly 12 to 14 inches but there are some soft spots if you get off the roads.  What I mean by "soft spots" is that when a crack forms and there is alot of snow in that area, it will push water on top of the ice...so you then drive threw water which is pretty freaky to be doing on a lake.  If you stay on the roads...they are very solid.  F150s and Chev 1500s are out there now but I still prefer to drive the ATV.  Big houses are now out as well...16 to 18 footers it looks like.  We have our 8x16 out in Crappie Town as well.

All accesses are in VERY good condition.  Just pick the one that gets you to your spot.  If you are going out to Crappie Town, take the DNR landing.  If you are going out from Lakeside for walleyes, take the Lakeside landing.  If you are going out from the beach for some walleyes, take the beach landing.

I have heard they are catching good numbers of walleyes out from the beach.  I don't have a report for out from Lakeside.  Crappies and sunnies have picked up where the left of last year in Crappie Town...just get to 12 tro 13 feet of water.

Good luick!

Kyle

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
whoa... look what the cat drug in... Kyle!!! ;)
Thanks for the report man.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the report. I will have to try and make it out in a couple weeks. Hopefully by then I can pull my 20 ft with my 1/2 ton pickup. I've always liked that lake.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away