Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Has anyone heard about the license extensions???  (Read 1951 times)

Offline GOLDTIP

• Outdoorsman
  • My first Wisconsin deer October 2008
I heard some talk today about the DNR extending our licenses until april can anybody give me more details on the truth and does it go for house licenses also to whatever date if it's true.     
                                Thanks in advance
LIFE IS ALWAYS FULL OF CHANGES  SO ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED  SO HUNT WHILE YOU CAN !!!!

Offline BK19

• Outdoorsman
    • keechracing
well i lnow that when you buy your new license they are good for 14 months ,i have saw and heard that they are good til 4/30/2008 this year but i wont take any chances and you will need to buy it anyway so might as well buy it when it says they expire
my wallet is as empty as a monday morning church

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I had heard that also, I checked the DNR web site and found nothing yet.

If nobody has found anything out by this afternoon, I'll be meeting with the local DNR around 3, I'll ask then.

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Your current license says it expires on Feb. 29, 2008, but it's good until April 30, 2008 so technically your license is good for 14 months, but the expiration date on your new license will say April 30, 2008. Which will be the new expiration date from now on. So they are still only good for one year.

Here is a link to the DNR.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/faq/index.html
« Last Edit: February 02/24/08, 10:57:55 AM by Joe »
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I talked to ther DNR week before last and asked about this same issue and yes they are good til 4/30/08

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The walleye, northern, large & small mouth bass fishing seasons close at midnight on February 24, 2008.

Your 2007 fishing & fishhouse licenses, trout stamps and tags are valid through April 30, 2008.

The 2008 angling licenses are available at license agents around the state and are valid from March 1, 2008 through April 30, 2009.

Dark houses, fish houses and shelters must be off the ice of inland waters no later than midnight on Feb. 29 in the southern two-thirds of the state and March 15 in the northern third. Read more on this at: http://news.dnr.state.mn.us/index.php/2008/02/12/dnr-reminds-anglers-to-pick-up-litteras-ice-fishing-shelter-removal-dates-approach/#more-42241 .

Spearing season closes February 24, 2008, at midnight.

This is a cut and paste, for more info, follow the link in the Joe's post
Hunter

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Minnesota 2007 fishing licenses valid through April 30

A legislative change effective Aug. 1, 2007 extended the expiration date of 2007 fishing licenses for resident and nonresident anglers through April 30, 2008, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Any stamps or tags to harvest particular species also are valid through April 30, 2008.

For the full story, click on the link below:

http://news.dnr.state.mn.us/index.php/2008/02/28/minnesota-2007-fishing-licenses-valid-through-april-30/#more-42266

If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy