Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: End of Walleye season  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
So, now that Walleye is closed, what are your fishing plans until ice out?

Do you hang it up until open water or start targeting Perch and pannies now?

Me.... I'll be out more than ever now, this is when fishing gets really good, I'll hit Mille Lacs once or twice for late season jumbos and target pannies in the metro area until ice out.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i pretty much hang it up and prepare for OPEN WATER YAY!! lol i still might go out a few times and try for my limit of crappies but thats maybe 2 times.

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
hang it up ? this is when icefishing is at its best ! this is when those crappies start geting aggresive ,  nothing better then catching a limit of panfish , not to mention the weather starts geting better ...... ill be out more then ever as well  :happy1:

Offline Fish Guide

• Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
Never ends....Was out tonight with a group, had shore luch as well (cooked on ice) @ 7:30 enough crappies to feed 8 guys and me.  I call it the 1/2 day bonus trip, start at 4 pm fish till ? but dinner is at 7:30.  Tons o fish down there, no finese invloved as usual (sorry guys, but finese is out of the picture when guiding, although I crave it) A few more trips then a short vacation until spring shallow trips start:) Good Luck Capt. JOsh
"To put fish in the box, fish outside the box"

Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
www.minnesotaguideservice.com