Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: St Croix River Report - Smallies  (Read 2471 times)

Offline mnbassguide

• Outdoorsman
    • MN Bass Guide & MN Muskie Guide
Over the past three outings on the Croix have resulted in nice sized smallies; nothing over 18" but the majority over 14".  Finding current has always been a key to finding active smallies and with the low (normal for this time of year) water sometimes finding good current can be tough.

Colors continue to be chartreuse, crawdad and any combination that includes either chartreuse or crawdad.  Quantity may be down, but the quality is definitely high.  I am scheduled to be back on the river at least two more times before Sunday.
Judd Yaeger
MN Bass Guide - Yaeger Guides
mnbassguide.com

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
thanks for the report!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news.  Are you fishing in the current or on the edge?  Fast, medium?

Offline mnbassguide

• Outdoorsman
Uncle Dave,

We are finding them both in the swift current and adjacent, although extreme slack water seems dead.  I will post again later this week.  Just know I am headed out again.

BTW, great Reagan quotes.  One of mine is:

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
Judd Yaeger
mnbassguide.com

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the info. 

P.S.  Gotta love Reagan.  Wish we had any politician today close to him!

Offline mnbassguide

• Outdoorsman
Last night I worked a few new spots with limited success.  We were stormed off too early last night to get into my main spots.  Sadly enough I lost two chatterbaits on the rocks added to a shortened outing and last night was less than good.  Oh well, back on the river soon.
Judd Yaeger
mnbassguide.com