Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Spearing itch  (Read 1306 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Now with some cool temps the spearing itch is getting worse :bonk:. I have to get through deer hunting and some trapping first but I started having the spearing itch over a month ago and if I don't get a fix pretty soon it won't be pretty :cry:

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
It will be that time soon. I am still working and we have a big jopb that they want to finish but the weather can shut us down anytime.

I have been starting to get the itch but with being so busy havn't had much time to get all my gear together yet. I have a couple new ideas to try out. I like trying new things as I learn more but I don't always have the patience to try them for more than a few days. I also don't like to be bringing so much gear with that it takes much time to set up.

One thing I will try this yr is two live decoys on deadmans. I have never used a deadman b4 but like the idea of it as they can't take your minnow up and under the ice if you got a hard charging fish. If that isn't better I will still use one deadman and my red and white golfball on a teaser. I don't know why but that red and white golfball gets hit more than my live. I think it must just mesmerize them or something.

First I must get through trappin while we have open water. By the way you had any luck.
« Last Edit: November 11/09/08, 05:54:25 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson