Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: ice drill  (Read 2002 times)

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just got a strikmaster icemaster power auger for free and the powerhead works great but the drill is kind of cheesy. It is still functional but the drill looks like an old mora hand auger(actually uses same blades). I am looking for a new drill for it but I am the cheapest guy on earth so I was also thinking about building my own or customizing the existing one. any ideas. :fishing2:
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I just got a strikmaster icemaster power auger for free and the powerhead works great but the drill is kind of cheesy. It is still functional but the drill looks like an old mora hand auger(actually uses same blades). I am looking for a new drill for it but I am the cheapest guy on earth so I was also thinking about building my own or customizing the existing one. any ideas. :fishing2:

Make your own then post a pic here so the rest of us can see. I love home brewed contraptions. Like to tinker with that stuff myself.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thats the route that I am leaning towards big time. I can't figure out how to make the fins though.
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Could you use and old unloading auger out of a combine?
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
thats is not a bad idea. I happen to no where I can find one.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
The toughest part will be getting the cutting blades at the correct angle, especially if it has more than one blade.... if ya go with one chipper-style blade it'll be easier to get it right.... it doesnt have to be off much for the blade(s) to not cut right.... then theres the option of finding an auger with a bad powerhead and a decent auger, then frankenstein the two..... good luck! ;)