Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Spearing reports?  (Read 1627 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Anybody been out doing any spearing lately? I'm heading north this weekend for a day or two!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Went up and speared the whitefish chain this weekend. Good times had by all,seen lots of fish and took some for smoking and pickling.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Been out spearing the last couple days and been having very good luck tis the season only couple weeks left.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 What a difference weather change makes. Was out to the spear house this weekend went from seeing a couple northerns a day to none . Big bass and schools of sunfish coming through and buddy of mine was trying to angle out of a second hole and the big bass wont come close to the wax worm and the sunfish would come zooming in and get within 2 iches and stare at it then back off. Even the perch wouldn't bite. After trying 5 different hooks he gave up. Like I told him I don't know whats more frustrating not seeing fish or seeing fish and not having them bite.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Was out on monday for a couple hours and seen a little fella come in about 2 pounds.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Finally have some movement in the spear house again. Besides the little 2 pounders swimming by. speared a 5 pounder with only 3 teeth visable and an empty stomach.So hopefully things start turning and the fish start getting active again.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I set the spear aside yesterday and threw out some tip-ups on a different lake and ended up with 3 northerns in about 2 hours ,biggest about 7 pounds. Nice day to be out on the lake.