Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: tip up fishing devils lake  (Read 1672 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Heading out to Devils Lake ia a week to do some tip up fishing for pike. Last time out there we used frozen smelt and herring on treble hooks. this time I want to try some different things any Ideas? No live sucker minnows or shiners allowed keep in mind . Thanks for any info.

Offline Set The Hook Guide

• Outdoorsman
  • Twin Cities Fishing at it's Best!
    • Set The Hook Guide Service
Try a Oscar Meyer Wiener! I now if sounds crazy but I heard it works.
Todd Stauffer
Set The Hook Guide Service
Lake Minnetonka, Waconia & Beyond
1-952-454-3266
www.setthehookguide.com

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Spear Foot1  if you lived close to White Bear Lk. i got some frozen herring
you could try
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Actually oscar meyer is good bait. Funny you brought that up becuz we were catching northerns this winter on turkey hot dogs. At least found something that would eat them things :puke: but they for some reason they liked them better than regular hot dogs.

Offline Big Bass

• Outdoorsman
tip up fished up there a few years ago we ran quick set rigs with smelt you can buy it up there that is the best lake to tip up fish on it was the most fun I had tip up fishing

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Leaving friday morning at about 3 and planning on fishing fri.sat,sun, see how we do tipuping i'm thinking that there at -45 windchill now and by saturday 30 above hopefully the weather change works to our advantage.