Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fix leak on fish house roof and what to use?  (Read 4390 times)

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Does any one know the beast way to fix a leaking roof on a fish house with out replacing the roof?
I have a wheel house thats around 10 years old thats in good shape, but the roof just started leaking.
The roof is one piece but has several screws holding it down, and you can see how the roof slopes to the middle now.
If I can stop the leaking now I can save it with out replacing anything.
Talking to others everyone said to go with a rubber seal on the roof.
Has anyone done this and what is the best product?
« Last Edit: October 10/19/09, 01:15:10 PM by 101PROOF »

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I used roof tar like what they use on mobile homes. It comes in a gallon can for about $10 and will fix your problem. YOu have to mix it up good and you can put it on with a brush or roller. Make sure you get the suff ment for aluminum if you have a mettal roof - wood for wood. It is simple amybe take you 30 min from start to finish. I got it at Menards. Good luck!
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
another option is to just get a roll of the rubber roofing material and roll that out and screw it all the way around the outter edge.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy