Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Iowa hunters I took bear hunting  (Read 1983 times)

Offline renegade

• Outdoorsman
Here is a hunt swap I did with Iowa outdoorsman. I still haven't gone to Iowa yet...lol. The invitation is always open and we talk quite often. I really enjoyed taking them out to my stomping ground.

My guests from Iowa have harvested a 300lb and 175lb boars so far with the bow. Just one left to fill tag. I've been busy. Taking them fishing today. Good times!!
here are some pictures from last few days........

Chris's 300 lb Boar........

This is what you want your arrow to look like!!  ;)

Great action shot of Randy's 8-9lb pike....he got a nice bleeder on his finger handling this big slimer..........We caught about 25-30 walleye. No big ones but great eaters!!!

Bear that was in last night, Hopefully Joe will get a shot at his guy tonight!

Joe and one of many walleye......White Lake........ :D

These guys are a blast to hang out with. Stories of 28-30lb turkeys in Iowa and monster bucks....Randy lived in Alaska and hunted browns etc.....Joe has harvested some tremendous bucks in Iowa. 160's up to 190's.

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Great pictures renegade! That bruins got a huge skull in the first picture.

Get that application for IA in the mail and get down there! :happy1:
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline renegade

• Outdoorsman
I told the guys that I would come down in 2010 more than likely. Just too busy this year to add that to my hunting list.

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
I haven't gone to IA ever, but my buddies down here have a hard time drawing the first year, and usually get drawn the second or third year applying and we're only about 40 miles from the border of IA. I believe they buy preference points also.

Awesome way to get some contacts in different states. Great idea of swapping hunts like that!
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
Looks like they're having a good time. Hopefully you get a cool adventure out of it.

Where abouts are they hunting? Assuming somewhere near a white lake?  ;)
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline renegade

• Outdoorsman
Me and my wife have a few PP's now. There is also turkeys there and in Missouri if I was inclined to go but I have been chasing Merriam's in Nebraska last few years. Will have to go try for an Eastern again.

Yes, they were close to White Lake. The BMU I was hunting was between Manitouwadge and hwy 17. This is also great moose area.