Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: gun question  (Read 7796 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
daveo or benny... or anyone else.

I have a few shotguns that were my uncles and i was wondering if i could get some info and what there value is.

the first is a Boito BR2 12 gauge double barrel side by side.
not much info on it, some numbers stamped under the lever that opens the chamber, they are 1 68 4 62.? barrels are chambered for 2 3/4 " shells. this is an older gun, has some nicks and cuts. heavy gun.

second;

mossberg model 835 um236375
it has two barrels, one is a 24" rifle bore chambered for 2 3/4, 3, 3 1/2 " shells.? the other is a 28" accu mag choke barrel chambered for 2 3/4, 3, and 3 1/2" shells.
this gun is in nice shape.? very nice, and light.? has a sling too.

any info someone can give me on these guns would be appreciated.?
« Last Edit: August 08/13/06, 03:17:53 PM by big_fish_guy »
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the SXS I can't be to much help with other than it might be an older gun with Dumascas barrels and shouldn't be shot with modern ammo.
Browning had some Japanise companies make shot guns for them at various times so it could be one of them??

The Mossberg is a pump action shotgun chambered for the 3-1/2 shells but you can shoot any length in it so long as they are 12 guage ammo.

It is a combo gun sold as a package deal, it is the "crown grade with the fancy wood stock and a gold plated trigger " it's value per the books is around $400 in very good condiiton.

Market value might be higher or lower but most likely will be lower as the 835's were not a real popular gun.

If I come across any info on your dubble I will relay it to you.

Benny
« Last Edit: August 08/13/06, 11:38:59 PM by Benny »
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
the double barrel has made in brazil stamped on it too...

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
It is hard to say how much it is actualy worth ,non of my book show this name brand.

My best guess would be a cople hundread bucks, most old doubles go for that unless they are the top name brands like L.C Smith or Perazzi.

I will be on gunbroker tonight listing some old Brit enfield  rifles,I will do a search there for the double.

Benny

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
It appeares that the Boito's were bought by K-mart and imported to thier stores from Brazil.

Average price off GB was $225, with the high being $300 and a low of $125.

The 20 gages are more rare than the 12 gages as there were few imported, most were 12 gage.

Benny

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
thanks benny... so for the mossberg... around 400$ for the gun and another $100 for the xtra barrel? or $400 for the whole package.

and around $200 for the double barrel then? do you think it's safe to shoot? and is there an approx. year on that gun?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
For the Mossberg I would start out at $400 for the package, then go down from there till you sell it.

The Boito should be safe to shoot, I don't know the age but I am guessing maybe 10 years old or so.

Price to stat at would be around $250 then work down til you sell.

If you want I can list them on GunBroker for you?
It's just like Ebay only for guns.

Benny

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
you might want to try here too..
http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/

they did help me with my win. 30-30..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing