Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Who plans on applying for bear this year?  (Read 1821 times)

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
We are heading up to zone 51 this year (hopefully). What other zones does everyone hunt?
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Zone 51 sounds familiar. Does that include Namadji? Me and my brother hunted in Namadji 3 years in a row. It's a tough area to hunt especially with all the ATV and OHV doings during the hunting season. Not impossible, but we had to put in a ton of time and work before we started seeing bears. Not sure what your commute is like but coming from the cities we put in a lot of windshield time and a ton of miles checking bait sites. Some of the best fun I've ever had hunting. I may try in a no-quota zone, but I just don't have the time to commit to it anymore.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I hunt in Hinckley (No quota area) with Bow.
This will be my third year Bear hunting.
My first year on the last day with-in minutes of sunset I had a nice bear come in.
I watched him with fear and joy at the same time, he was 14 yards away.
I drew my bow back and  :doah: I did not have my arrow knocked correctly, and as I pulled back the arrow came off the string and the tip hit my bow what made a noise, and the bear took off.  :oops1:
He did come back but it was to dark to shoot and to dark to get out of the stand.
Second year I did not see anything, I tried to only hunt the weekend and that just does not work.

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Zone 51 sounds familiar. Does that include Namadji? Me and my brother hunted in Namadji 3 years in a row. It's a tough area to hunt especially with all the ATV and OHV doings during the hunting season. Not impossible, but we had to put in a ton of time and work before we started seeing bears. Not sure what your commute is like but coming from the cities we put in a lot of windshield time and a ton of miles checking bait sites. Some of the best fun I've ever had hunting. I may try in a no-quota zone, but I just don't have the time to commit to it anymore.

We have about a three hour commute to NE side of Mille Lacs Lake area. I know the area pretty well, but like you said we will put in a ton of windshield time and more than likely have to compete with other hunters, but it will be fun.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
I hunt in Hinckley (No quota area) The last 2 years I didnt have to much time but this year I will hit it hard   :archery:
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!