Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Still Spankin' Em  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Babes

• Outdoorsman
  • The Best Little Bait Shop in Ely!
    • Babes Bait & Tackle
The crappie bite remains consistant up here in the North woods. We're going out on a nearly daily basis and catching fish. The weather has been a bit of a bummer with light drizzle and freezing rain, but the fish don't seem to mind. The conditions remain safe in most areas and we're still driving trucks out on the eighteen plus inches of ice. You should still be cautious, but follow the traffic and you should be ok. Lakes to try are the Twins North of Burntside, Fall, Farm, Bass, Johnson, and One Pine. The crappies are holding in the deeper holes, but they will rise to a jig and waxie or small minnow.
A few lake trout are still being taken on Burntside and Snowbank. Remember, this is the last weekend coming up for trout.
Babes Bait & Tackle

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the report ! Post some pics and i might have to drive the 4 hours up there and get into some fish!
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Babes

• Outdoorsman
  • The Best Little Bait Shop in Ely!
    • Babes Bait & Tackle
For recent photos of the crappie bite, go to BabesBait.com, click PHOTOS, click GALLERY, click LAST UPLOADS in header
Babes Bait & Tackle

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
That's a great report. I'd love to make it up to Ely one of these years. I'm hitting the River this weekend though. Ice is done for me.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Well....should I run up next week Russ??

Nice Crappies! More pics at www.babesbait.com