Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Question  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Remodeling my dads perm fish house for fathers day...im insulating the floor, and putting up new walls, and dont have a lot of money. Any ideas on a low cost way of lining the walls with something other then 1/4 compresed cardboard that was on ther. Was thining 1/2 wafer board painted with a water proof paint... Any ideas would help
 :bonk:

DH

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
wafer board would be damn heavy...

I would try and stick with something light weight... I agree the 1/4 compressed boards(paneling) isn't the greatest because it will wick up the moisture from the bottom and ruin the board.
can't think of anything off the top of my head... but I am thinking the same thing, about remodeling the inside with some new walls...
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well its already light with steel framing and foam insulation...4 guys can pick it up no problem...I was going to do frp but got laid off and that  :censored: is to expensive.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/09, 11:49:47 AM by Jeff »

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
i was thinking about some thin tongue and grove pine... it's nice to have because then you can screw up just about anything anywhere... hooks, shelves... whatever.  and it looks nice, and you can seal it really good with a nice satin gloss poly.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i used fome in a cow trailer and it works good for what i used it for and was really easy to work with