Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ordered 1,700 trees!!!  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well after our land raping by the loggers we now have spent $400 and bought

1,000 White Pines

500 White Spruce

100 Black Spruce

100 Jack Pine

We're having a little family/friend get together and will be planting our butts off. I personaly have already transplanted close to a 100 trees onto our land. Including white and red pine, black and white spruce and balsom fur. I actually enjoy doing it a lot it is fun knowing that some day I will hunt over or possibly in some of these trees.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  That's impressive. 

How about showing some before and after photos as well?
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
:happy1:  That's impressive. 

How about showing some before and after photos as well?
That would be pretty cool.
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Big E,
That's what you gotta do, just plant, plant, plant.  The best time to plant a tree was yesterday.
Good luck on your reforestation plan.  Did you look into getting some help (financally) from a CRP type program?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good Idea on taking pictures! Then I can show my kids some day all of the hard work we did so they could hunt. Then I can say "so don't complain about mowing the lawn, painting the house, doing dishes...."
 We did sign up with the DNR for the land stewardship program and another one I can't remember right now, but they said it would take a while since a lot of people had signed up for it. So we had to pay out of our pocket this year.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!