Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ice House Rentals  (Read 2746 times)

Offline mahmoodmahi

• Outdoorsman
Ice Fishing is months away, but I have two unrealted queations in preparation for the season. First does anybody know if there are apecial rules for putting a permanent ice hous on lakes in ramsey county. For example lake como is a nice place to  fish for pike, it's close and there is hardly any other fishermen out there, and a lot of three pound pike, would it be legal to put a permanet house out  there for the season? The other question I have is what are the rules on renting out an Ice house, there are tons of rentals on all the major walleye lakes, do the owners need a special permit to rent their house, or is it just an issue of whoever wants to rent out there ice house can (hopefully they have insurance, imagine if they didn't)?

Offline brandbll

• Outdoorsman
You can put an ice house on any public lake, and you have to get a commercial license from the DNR to rent it out.  I gotta tell ya Matt, this is the first time i've ever heard someone say they are actually looking forward to fishing on Lake Como...

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
como eh?
I won't say anything on that except, more power to ya.
as far as rentals go, it's the same as when you buy your shelter tag at any els, but you ask them for an ice house rental tag.
it's been around 27 bucks I think....
oh great, I just went to the DNR website to double check
they offer the ice house rental tag now as a 3 yr $78.00 fee

why'd I even look...that's 78 x 6=    :scratch:    :cry:
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline boogityn

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Team Xtreme
Didn't the DNR stock como with muskie? seems to me I've heard some esox tails from there. :nerd:
" If you have a chance, take a kid fishin"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Como ice fishing has been a secret for years. You'd be surprised.

Offline mahmoodmahi

• Outdoorsman
It is great place to catch pike, and if you have a canoe there are decent walleyes, problem in the summer is that it is too weedy, particularly this summer shore fish. But by the end of septemeber the weeds will have died out and then all it takes is a spoon and a desire to walk around the lake to hit differnt spots and you can catch a lot of fish, right in the cities. Ice fishing is phenominal and there are a small group of ice fishermen out there all winter. As for muskies to the best of my knowledge the dnr has never stocked them in como, but i could be wrong. I will probably piss off a bunch fishermen by posting this info, but its the lake i grew up fishing on, in the neighborhood i grew up in so i feel justified in sharining this info.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the info anyways!  :happy1: I personaly posted any info then later found the location of  what i posted to be packed with people. ("most" pepole have respect)
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the info anyways!  :happy1: I personaly posted any info then later found the location of  what i posted to be packed with people. ("most" pepole have respect)
yes on your spot but not on fish lol