Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Disk for the quad  (Read 2090 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I would worry about how that would react to your hitch when it hit a stump or a big rock or something. ie bending or snapping it off.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This could be a good tool.  There are a few issues.  1. not all ATV's have the reciever type hitch.  2. It took him 20 minutes to work up an area about the size of a small house.  3. The area must be fairly level to start.
But like I said, it does have some posibilites.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I think it calls for a heavy duty hitch.  I was thinking about buying one, or having my handy little brother make me one.  I think I should be able to have him make 3 and sell 2 to pay him for his time and materials.  What would you guys be willing to pay if I were to have him make them?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Unless your atv comes with a receiver hitch (I know Articat does) some provision would have to be made for each atv to allow connection of the hitch. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline atcher

• Outdoorsman
We tried on one the back of a Polaris 800 with a receiver hitch this June.  The disk didn't do a thing, except bust the receiver on the machine.  Not the disk's fault.  They do include an adapter to go under the machine, which the owner of the disk used on a Polaris 400 and had great results.  Tore it up.  We ended up doing brake stands and tearing up the turf with the tires and now have a nice food plot.