Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mr heater vs Dyna glow  (Read 3002 times)

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I am buying one soon for hunting and icefishing. The dyan glow seems to be priced less and both units have the same features as far as I can tell. Anyone have experience or opinions on these heaters? Specifically the BuddyPortable and Dyanglow tag-a-long.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I used a Big Buddy in my 6800 Clam last year and it worked great. Not sure what the coldest temps were but probably not below zero. I also just noticed that Cabela's is selling reconditioned Big Buddys for I think $90 bucks. Ad in yesterdays paper.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline sjohnnie26

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I have a buddy heater that i use in my Clam 3 person and it keeps it plenty warm.
"AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL"  -Jeff Simpson

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Buddy heaters are warm and the big buddy has a fan in it so it helps a lot. But if you are using it outside good luck. They don't stay lit if you have a breeze.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
if you are using it outside good luck. They don't stay lit if you have a breeze.

That's good information to know Sandmannd.  Thanks!

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Definaley good info. I need something indoor safe and not too spendy that is why i thought about the buddy. I found the dyna glow at sportsmansguide it appears to be the same type but cheaper in price. I wouldnt need it outside to much.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Indoor, I would go with the buddy or big buddy. I believe (may be wrong on it) that the buddy's have a CO2 detector in them and shut down. Even with that though I would have a CO2 detector where ever you are using it inside.

If you do use a heater outside I love my heater cooker.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.