Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: CREP/CRP  (Read 1639 times)

Offline ramrod

I know this is a broad question, but I am curious what an average payment is to expect for CREP land?  I know there is MANY factors that are accounted for but I am just trying to put some numbers together to persuade my dad and uncle to put a particular plot of land into the program.

The land is located in western mn about 3 miles from the Chippewa River (MN River Tributary). The land is relatively flat with a hill in the middle and drainage ditches  splitting the property on both sides of the hill.  Currently there is 40-50 of CRP on both sides of one of the drainage ditches.

Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
You do know that with CREP you get paid more then CRP for the 10 years or what ever it is enrolled for, but after that you don't get paid any more and can never again use that land as you see fit.  At least that is how it was explained to me. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have some CRP (enrolled in repariand buffer) where we planted trees.  I think it's around $15 and acre for 15 years.  There was some sign up money and cost share for tree planting.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***