Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fond du Lac resident's 30-point buck a Wisconsin record  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Two teams of certified scorers have declared a Fond du Lac resident's 30-point buck the largest non-typical buck shot with a bow in Wisconsin history.

The rack on the buck shot by 52-year-old Wayne Schumacher in September was measured Saturday. It earned a record-breaking score of 243.75 inches.

Scoring had to wait for a 60-day drying period. Schumacher's buck tops the record set last year by Bob Decker of Eau Claire and his 16-pointer.

Scorer Mark Miller of Fond du Lac says it took three hours to measure the rack.

Schumacher shot the buck the night of Sept. 20 in an area west of Fond du Lac when it walked under his stand. He says it was the largest deer he had seen in 36 years of bow hunting.

He plans to have replicas made of the antlers and sell them.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Moving2thecountry

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

I don't get it.  Why would others want to buy replicas of his antlers?  Why not just by a fake set of antlers that are even bigger (say a 32 point typical)?

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

I don't get it.  Why would others want to buy replicas of his antlers?  Why not just by a fake set of antlers that are even bigger (say a 32 point typical)?

Because its a record holding deer.A specific one.

Offline TNT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

my guess is that the guy who shot it is going to have the replica's made for himself, and then sell the real ones to a collector. let's see here, keep the real ones and put on your wall, or sell them for let's say 100k or more and put the replica's on my wall, hmmmmmmmmmm, the set will always be known for who shot it, but now the owner will be listed for who bought it. that wouldn't be a hard choice for me, show me the money, and give me the repo's.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
If its about Money you can make more off selling replicas.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Replicas.. its big business.

http://www.artisticantlers.com/Antlers.aspx

Just one example.

I cannot believe some of those prices.  $2700 for a replica mount?  I'm in the wrong business.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Any pics of this Deer?

I hope you meant this deer and not the $2700 deer on the web site!

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
yes I wanted the real deer ! thanks ,that thing is a hogzilla!

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
As I said before in an earlier post with this deer.  It's the real deal, my brother is in the background of some of the photos.  They had this one on trail cam, a 28 pointer on cam, and another one of this size but cannot determine points.

I would crap myself if this thing walked into range....

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
As I said before in an earlier post with this deer.  It's the real deal, my brother is in the background of some of the photos.  They had this one on trail cam, a 28 pointer on cam, and another one of this size but cannot determine points.

So you are saying there is another one this size in that area?!  Jeepers, what do they have in the water up there?  It looks like we might be seeing another one this size next year, maybe an offspring, or brother to beat that record!
EXCITING!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

So you are saying there is another one this size in that area?!  Jeepers, what do they have in the water up there?  It looks like we might be seeing another one this size next year, maybe an offspring, or brother to beat that record!
EXCITING!

They dont have anything in the water up there they just pass on the little ones  ;)

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman

EXCITING!

They dont have anything in the water up there they just pass on the little ones  ;)

This was shot on land bordering a state land marsh.  Some of the thickness, nastiest, deepest, best darn deer cover you could ask for.  This guy put in ALOT of time to get this deer with scouting, cams, everything.  He figured out the deer's habits and it killed him.  I think he said it was within 25 yds. when he shot it, but don't quote me on that.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
If there are 2 others close to this size that is insane! I think ill have to get some land over there for next year!  :archery: :deer:

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Is this the one in Wisconsin that was poached also? My nephew said he heard a big one in Wisconsin was poached like that big 8 point in MN. The one he heard was shot with a gun during bow season just like the 8 pointer.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Not this buck.  This one was shot fair and square.

On a side note, I might know of the other huge deer that was shot in Wisconsin.  Not sure if that is the one your are referring to, but the 30 pointer was legally taken.

I'll get back to you on the other deer.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
H2-

The other big buck was the non-typical 12 point shot in/near Sheboygan Falls, Wis.  This one is another arrowed deer, possibly the new world record 12 pt. but not sure.  I will make a few phone calls and see who knows what about this deer.