Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikings:Childress - Farve  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Phishnchick

• Outdoorsman
So there has been alot of talk as of late about what is or is not happening inside the Viking's locker room.  As I sat and watched the game last night and the post game coverage a thought crossed my mind.  The Vikings have had a lot of problems in these last several weeks and it has all started to show up SINCE Childress was awarded a contract extension in late November.  Does this New Job Security have anything to do with the tension that seems to be mounting between Childress and Farve?  Or is it something else?

Whatever it is, I hope they can get it together before the playoffs.  Go Vikes!

:banghead:      :bonk:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
He would have never gotten that extension if Favre stayed retired!

Chilly is not a great coach.  He is quite average.  The Vikings offense is way too predictable.  With all of our weapons, they should be more explosive.

At least the offense played better in the 2nd half of Monday nights game.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
They started going down hill after EJ Hendeson broke his leg, I agree with the above statement, the offense is very predictable, the line is not getting the holes opened up for AP and protection for Favre.  They have always won games once they let Favre start thowing the ball more than 12-yards?

Way too concervative in the last few games here especailly the fist halves.

"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline Phishnchick

• Outdoorsman
I agree losing Henderson was a huge blow. 

It's also amazing to see the difference on the field when Favre starts calling the plays.  He mixs things up more and spreads things out making it harder for the defense to read plays and/or cover everyone.  It seems like the same thing over and over from Chilly (I would be surprised if the man would dare add a dash of hot sauce to Chili if that were his area of "expertise").

I can understand Chilly trying to maintain a position of power but he had to know that if he brought Favre to Minnesota, Farve would want to play his offense.  Of course all was fine when they were winning but there is obvious tension between them now.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
 When things dont go right/you lose.... there's tension.  When you win, your QB is a stud, and the coach is a genius... then ya give em contract extensions.... I thought it was pretty dam funny the other game when Chilly was "talking" to Favre on the sidelines, he put his hand on Bretts arm, and Brett yanked his arm away.  Gotta love those lovers spats! :rotflmao:  Nobody brings up the fact that half of our offensive line are rookies... and Sullivan, our center, is one of them.  The other half are in the twilight of their football days... so the play at the line has been inconsistant all year.  Thats why the running game has been boom to bust all year and why Favre is getting sacked like a bag of taters.... especially lately!  I saw it coming before the season started... The OL in the NFL is by far the most underated position... and maybe the biggest cog in a teams offense.....

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Chilly at best might be a decent high school coach...  but that would be stretching it..

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I think chilly is a technical coach who can make things work great on paper. He does not have the ability to change on the fly though like a veteran MVP QB can. Give Favre the reigns and let him spread this offense and take advantage of the weapons we have.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Favre's a great QB, and Im not a huge Chilly fan, but are you sure you want to give full play controll to a QB that has the all time Interception record.... There should be someone reining him in at times.  Favre already has the option to at least two other "saftey valve" options with every play that is given to him... I think there's a reason Bretts Int's are way down this year, and it aint because anything Brett has done....

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure I want full control to Favre. Definately no that chillys run left run right then draw play on third and 7 aint gonna take this team through the playoffs. Its the same thing all the time with this team.