Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikings vs Saints predictions  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
plus the way brett was getting knocked around last night is :bs: almost all of those hits were late, and when he hurt his ankle i beleive they just installed a rule this year about that kind of stuff, people call it the tom brady rule.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, Brett got punished... But the Vikes gave the whodats eight freaking chances to win the game.... usually in a NFL game two screw-ups are good enough to lose a game.  It would have been a miracle for them to pull it off after giving the ball away that many times.  We didnt deserve to go to the big dance after that crap... Yeah we may have been the better team, but a good team doesnt turn the ball over in the red zone that many times and live to tell the tale either.  My biggest issue besides giving them the ball over and over, and that :censored: interference call against Leiber :banghead: was the last play in the game. :doah:  What is in the head of a QB that throws an Int when he should be setting up a field goal with a run or two... especially a veteran QB! Ill tell you what it is... its a QB wanting to be a hero and make a big play instead of going for the "sure thing", methodically, at setting up for the Field goal and the win... If you dont make the FG, you still go into OT for another go!  I guarrantee that play wasnt called by Childress... The 12 guys in the huddle was also pure genius. I can hardly wait for the oncoming months of hedging and indecision as to wether Brett will play another year or not! :bonk: :bs: :surrender:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
pout i have to say that there were alot of late hit penalties that were looked over. favre could barely walk let alone run with that ankle injury due to another blown call that was looked over(not allowed to go high-low on the qb). the whole OT was total crap. first down he maybe got i couldnt tell cause he partially fumbled the ball and got it between his legs. thus his forward motion dont count. there receiver didnt catch that ball, he trapped it between the ground and his body which is a incomplete pass. and the pass interference on leber on a uncatchable ball and i didnt even see him touch that TE/FB

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I know it sucks but we just plain lost. You can blame officials all you want but in the NFL there is going to be bad calls and you have to be versatile enough to get past them and still win the game. As for that interception my understanding is it was the coach and not Favre who called that play however it was supposed to go underneath to Berrian for 3-5 yards and Favre tried to be the hero ( whic he always has tried and always will) and threw deeper for an easier field goal attempt. Doesn't matter now hindsight is 20-20. I love my Vikes and will cheer win lose or draw so heres to next year  :toast:  SKOL VIKINGS

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I know it sucks but we just plain lost. You can blame officials all you want but in the NFL there is going to be bad calls and you have to be versatile enough to get past them and still win the game. As for that interception my understanding is it was the coach and not Favre who called that play however it was supposed to go underneath to Berrian for 3-5 yards and Favre tried to be the hero ( whic he always has tried and always will) and threw deeper for an easier field goal attempt. Doesn't matter now hindsight is 20-20. I love my Vikes and will cheer win lose or draw so heres to next year  :toast:  SKOL VIKINGS

Exactly, if Favre threads the needle to Rice on that INT play and we get into field goal range and have a chance to win, I doubt many people would be talking about the triple coverage throw.  I doubt Berrian was open for the 3-5 yard pass (cause I would assume that he would have thrown to him)  it would have been a 50 yarder instead of the 55.  much more make-able. 
Either way, im with you, I will be cheering for my Vikes next year, JUST AS LOUD.  I just hate waiting til next year!

-I suppose to Wild are doing alright, lets hope the Twins can do something this year too!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah.... The refs didnt lose the game.... it was lost by the Vikes themselves ultimatly... many times over in fact... no one to blame but themselves... I dont know about you guys, but Ive been a Vikes fan since I was a kid, Ive seen them lose big games for years, going back to the superbowls they lost to the Raiders & Steelers... went through the heart breaks in the late 90's....went through the Dennis Green years, (I think thats what removed the purple blood that used to run thick in my veins)  I just will not be able to get worked up again over the vikes till Favre is no longer wearing purple... And I do respect what he's done in his career, he'll just never be a Viking to me.  I just hope the Vikes will be in MN long enough for me to bleed purple once again... I aint band wagon either, I just dont lose sleep over them lately.... It was a pretty entertaining season though, in years past, going through a season like this would have taken a few years off my life! ;)  I just pray to God the Twins dont pull a Favre and sign Barry Bonds or the like.... I dont think I could take that after the Vikes signing Blubberin Brett this year.  The only thing worse would be the Wild signing Bertuzzi(sp) for the playoff run! :doah: But seriously....I think Thome is gonna jack a few out of Target field this year... cant wait! :happy1: