Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 30.06 OR 7mm rem mag  (Read 1380 times)

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
OK lets do it agine witch one would You have?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/30/10, 08:11:33 PM by cva54 »
Hunt hard, Shoot straight, Kill clean!

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
7 rem. because of better ballistics
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
ya I know as U can see I got them both. Its funny I always grab my .06 first. There is 3 of us in are party all got 7's with ever thing els 30.30 44 mag levers 50 & 54 cal muzzle. stuffers. The reason I ask is  thay both taged deer and had to shoot it agine and track them just straight blow through lung shots on the first. I did the same with the .06 and the exit hole was MUTCH bigger. with no tracking all 3 shots were about in the same place but mine was 1/4ing away took out 1 lung & blew its hart up HEHE. its just got me wondering. The pic was 10 shoots first 9 at 100 the last 200 on the mark  

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/31/10, 11:07:34 AM by cva54 »

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
30.06  Wide array of ballistics, various set-up options with or without scope, bolt action, single shot, pump, semi, etc.  Can shoot darn near anything with it.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I guess I'm not a fan of either rifle.

I have an .06 and have owned a 7mm (but since have sold it)

It would have to depend on what you are using it for. (what type of land you hunt)

I sold my 7mm to buy a .270 because it shoots flatter.

It all depends on what you like, I guess.........
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
ever person shoots different and expects different results. you want the deer to drop or not to go very far.(dont we all) exit hole is going to depend on the shells you use and grain bullet. i have always seen a bigger exit hole with the 7mm compared to the .06

like hunterdown said everyone has there own likes.

i would personally rather have my weatherby vanguard .300 bolt.

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was looking at 270 win real hard befor i got the 7mm. I think it will be kinda hard to get rid of 7mm now it is at the gun smith now altering the saftey to be like a 721 a trigger job and got a new stock on the way a B&C alaskan II. Putting the .06 on the cammo stock. I gess 270 is next started coyote hunting and reloading this past year. FYI the 1 in wood is a 51 year old 721 I had brought back to life 
« Last Edit: January 01/31/10, 08:57:54 PM by cva54 »