Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Posting Pictures  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
This is the easiest way to post pictures. It is by using Photobucket. If you do not want to use photobucket you can use the attachments function when putting up a post:

THESE ARE THE DIRECTIONS FOR USING PHOTOBUCKET

To upload pictures from your computer, usually located in the My Documents or My Pictures folder on your computer, follow these instructions.

1. Go to www.Photobucket.com and register for a free account.

2. Click on: My Album

3. You should see in the middle of page a window that says: Upload to: (your username)

4. Click on: BROWSE in middle of box. This should open another window with the photos that are on your computer to choose from.

5. Click on the picture you want to upload.

6. Click OPEN and this will put that filename into the top of the 3 links on the photobucket window you have open. If you click on that top link on photobucket, you can change the name of the file before you upload it.

7. Click on UPLOAD and the picture will be added to your photobucket gallery.

8. If you want to resize the picture for your AVATAR or a THUMBNAIL, just click on the picture from your album at bottom of page. It opens the picture full size.

9. From here, you can choose the size you want to resize it to by clicking RESIZE above the picture and it walks your through the final steps on photobucket.

To get that pic back onto MNO, follow these last easy steps (compliments of Prof Woody)

1. Type up your post here on MNO as normal.
2. Go back to your photobucket window where you uploaded and resized your pic.
3. On Photobucket copy the IMG Code by LEFT CLICKING THE IMG CODE LINK underneath the pic you want to put on your MNO post. A yellow box should pop up briefly that says COPIED.
4. Paste the IMG Code into your post where you want the picture to be.
5. Click "Post" when finished. Your picture should now be in your MNO post.

If you have any problems with this, please feel free to pm me and I will get back to ya as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: April 04/27/10, 12:47:17 PM by MNO »

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
When using the attachment tab, The pics get taken off after a month or so. Photo bucket is the
best way to do it. Just a heads up on that....

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
When using the attachment tab, The pics get taken off after a month or so. Photo bucket is the
best way to do it. Just a heads up on that....

randy

And we have size limits on each photo so it can be difficult. Hosting elsewhere is the way to go until we find a better option.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Why did the max size limit go from 800 to 2147483647 kb?

Dude...that's huge.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Why did the max size limit go from 800 to 2147483647 kb?

Dude...that's huge.....

Just trying something. I will fix later.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
We should have it a little bigger and include all formats if possible.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com