Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Whats the weirdest thing you ever seen in the woods?  (Read 3873 times)

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Got this idea from another site...
Mine was, We camping in the McAndrews state forest, Was when they were looking for Katie Poirier, She was the one abducted from the gas station in Moose Lake. The kids decided to take the wheelers out for a ride, Shortly after they came back white as a sheet. They said they think they found her, There was a nasty smell back by the river. We went there and found at least 100 panfish that someone just dumped in the woods off the road.

randy
« Last Edit: July 07/24/10, 08:49:00 PM by MNO »
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Wierdest thing I  ever seen was while bow hunting. Sitting in my stand middle of the afternoon here comes two small black things down the edge of the field. I assume they are bear cubs and start looking for mom. The are weaving in and out of the tall grass and into the woods along the edge. When they finally get close enought to see them I have to do a double take :scratch:.
It was 2 pigs running around. Ran right past me about 30yds in front. Thought about shooting but they were kinda small and movin fast in some tall grass.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
That must have looked weird! I will PM you a website from oregon that has a ton of stories. I posted the site here but someone took it down.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, this isnt me personally, but I have some friends that went in together and bought some land up north a few years back, not sure exactly where it was, but it was pretty remote.  Anyways, they put up a trail cam in the woods to see exactly what kind of deer they had on the property or whatever else was around the woods.  Anyways, they had the cam out for a few weeks and they took out the chip and was looking through the pictures.  They had snap shots of deer, turkeys and coons and all different types of animals, and then in the middle between some deer and raccoon pictures, there was a random picture of a middle aged women walking through the woods in a black trench coat looking thing (on a snowy december night, about 2:30 in the morning)  there was a picture of her entering the screen area and then a full picture of her, with no flashlight or nowthing, you could see both her hands.  IT WAS THE WEIRDEST THING.  Because the barn in the property was about a mile away and there arent many roads around.
They got the picture developed and showed it to people around town and neighbors, incase it was a missing person or something but no one had seen her before.   :scratch:
Kinda creepy!   :reporter;

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Well, this isnt me personally, but I have some friends that went in together and bought some land up north a few years back, not sure exactly where it was, but it was pretty remote.  Anyways, they put up a trail cam in the woods to see exactly what kind of deer they had on the property or whatever else was around the woods.  Anyways, they had the cam out for a few weeks and they took out the chip and was looking through the pictures.  They had snap shots of deer, turkeys and coons and all different types of animals, and then in the middle between some deer and raccoon pictures, there was a random picture of a middle aged women walking through the woods in a black trench coat looking thing (on a snowy december night, about 2:30 in the morning)  there was a picture of her entering the screen area and then a full picture of her, with no flashlight or nowthing, you could see both her hands.  IT WAS THE WEIRDEST THING.  Because the barn in the property was about a mile away and there arent many roads around.
They got the picture developed and showed it to people around town and neighbors, incase it was a missing person or something but no one had seen her before.   :scratch:

Wow!

That is creepy! How long ago and do you have the picture or can get access to it so we can see!?

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe it was 2 years ago now, December of '08 - I will make some phone calls and see if I can get my hands on it.  Im sure one of the guys still has the picture around somewhere!

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman

Better call Scooby Do and get the Mystery Machine over there to investigate....
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats got Blair Witch written all over it! :popcorn:  How bout this one.... grouse hunting with a buddy up north of Red Lake... weve got our english and gordon setters running around in the woods (way off the beaten path....the boonies...) hadnt seen a soul in two days up there when we see a couple hunters coming down a trail up ahead so we kind of call our dogs in, and I think I see they have a dog with an orange dog vest on it.... as we get closer we notice its a really small dog....wow, reeeaaaly small dog!  Like 10" long of a small dog! ;D  we stop and talk for a few seconds, our two setters dont quite know what to think about this little guy... and either did I... they said it was a Yorki... and that he loved to hunt.....?  My buddy said after seeing that he was going to buy a potbellied pig and hunt with it, with a little orange pig vest on it.... :rotflmao: Im still waiting to see that... pretty damn funny though.....