Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gun barrel  (Read 2794 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Does anyone know if a barrel for an 1187 would work on the older 1100?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nope wont work....
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry Dave but they will work, the 1187 barrels will work on the 1100's, but not the other way around.

An 1100 barrel will not work on the 1187's.

I have an older 1100 with the magnum reciever and shoot an 1187 3 INCH chamber barrel on it.

It shoots 2-3/4 fine but have not tried any 3 inch in it yet.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
OK,,first of all Remington does NOT like this to happen,,

A 1187 slug barrel slug barrel will fit on a 1100

But NOT a bird barrel UNLESS you change the forearm.

And 1100 barrels do NOT fit on a 1187....

The chambering is in the barrel so if it shoot 2 34 it will shoot 3"
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
?????

If the slug barrel will fit then why wouldn't a bird barrel???

Don't they both go into the reciever the same, and why wouldn't the forarm fit if it fits on a slug barrel as well???

And I did say that the 1100 barrel would not fit the 1187 didn't I??

Sure Remington doesn't want any one to know this, they need to sell barrels.

But hey, what do I know.

I suggest you  call Almans in Owatonna and ask them.

They are the top gunsmiths in this reagion and will beable to explain it to you as to why they won't fit or will fit.

Liabs in Spicer will give you the same answer Remington does because he is bound by Remington to do so, after all he is an athorised Remington gun smith ain't he??

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I tell you what, if remington says NO, I am going to believe their biggest reason would be liability. you go ahead and monkey up your gun any way you like benny. to tell others that it's ok is ridiculous. you can tell them that you have done it and you maybe know someone else that has done it and nothing has blown up...yet. just remember if you want to save a couple bucks for whatever reason, is it worth the risk?
what if your kid is standing next to you when pull the trigger and it decides this time to fail?
as you are carrying his limp lifeless body to the truck we wont remind you that it's not your fault because it's just the internet. your not responsible for anything you say here.

we are trying to provide quality useful information here. step up or step back.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
 Sorry, but it won't work and wouldn't suggest it either.

first off the forearms are not the same contour and the 1187 has a steel insert in the mag tube opening of the forearm and the 1100 doesn't.

Keep the right barrels on the right gun
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes