Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Deer are eating my log! - Rack Back Mineral Site  (Read 6814 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Well.. I have some friends who have been pumping a new mineral product from Minnesota and I finally gave it a whirl this spring. After hearing about how great it was and how it out performs I actually decided to spend a few extra dollars and do some tests with other products. I took this new product and put it up against multiple products off the shelf at gander and fleet farm. I have to say the results were awesome! What I noticed was that the fruitier products that I bought from gander and fleet farm were hit right away.. within days of putting them out and I imagine that was from the smell and attractants used within the product. So I pulled cams and thought hmmmm maybe this new stuff is not the ticket. Well that was about a month and a half ago. Today I pulled some cards and my jaw dropped... the deer are not touching the site of the minerals that I bought but they are hammering the new product that I used. They are hammering it so hard that they are EATING THE LOG that it was on. I guess I can say I am a believer now! Here are a few pics...

« Last Edit: May 05/22/10, 04:13:47 PM by MNO »

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
so where can we get some of this stuff, sounds like i could use some this spring!
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
so where can we get some of this stuff, sounds like i could use some this spring!

Oops.. Sorry. I guess I left that part out.

The product is called Rack Back. If you look into this product it gets pretty interesting. When I put it out I compared it to the other products on ther market and they all say the same thing about growing bigger racks, better for the deer etc etc... What I also noticed was that most of these products have the same ingredients just different variations of flavor and what not. The Rack Back product stood among its self though and I will let you read it for yourself. Its very interesting! Here it is...

These ingredients set Golden Crown™ RackBack apart:

Soluble Trace Minerals
Soluble sources of copper, zinc, manganese, cobalt, and selenium are easily digested and absorbed for maximum antler growth and development, body development, and immune system support. Additionally, Cobalt is used by beneficial bacteria to make vitamin B12, which is critical in the production of glucose. Glucose is the fuel that promotes health, reproduction, tissue development.

Soluble Probiotic Fiber
Soluble fibers promote more desirable microbial balance in the gastrointestinal tract allowing for optimal gut health and digestive efficiency.

Digestive Enzymes
Rack Back™ contains a proprietary enzyme cocktail designed specifically to help deer get more out of their food source and put more nutrients into antler development, muscle tissue, fetal development, and milk production.

Powerful Antioxidants and Vitamins
Key antioxidants, vitamins and herbal extracts in Rack Back ™ are specifically formulated for deer to help protect cell membranes and increase health and antler tissue development.

Immune System Booster
Specific carbohydrates from yeast cell wall, mannan-oligosaccharides and beta-glucans, have proved to have a positive effect on the immune system and health. Beta-glucans increase surveillance by the immune system to viral and bacterial challenges, thus making the immune system more robust and effective at maintaining deer health. They have also been shown to increase blood flow important for antler development

I also found a review of this product on-line with almost perfect scores....

http://www.sportsmansreview.com/print.asp?x=378

As it is a new product it is hard to find. The company is located in Marshall, MN and here is the contact website.

http://www.camdenoutdoors.com/rackback.html

Pretty cool product!  :happy1:

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of eating a log, here is a picture I took last Wednesday of a mineral site I started on an oak  stump.  I don't think the stump is long for this world.  Who needs a stump grinder when you can let the deer do the work.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline cmpswampy

• Outdoorsman
I have been using minerals for a long time on my property near Brainerd, we usually find a stump that is on a major trail and we poor mineral over it and then dump a bag of corn over the top of that. The deer find the mineral by the corn and we have had great luck doing that. At first we had a few deer running around that were in the 140" class and after 3 years of using minerals we started to get bigger deer. The first buck that we got over the stump was a 120" class 3 year old and after watching that buck for 2 years he went from a 120" class to a 183 6/8. I dont think that he would have got that big if it were not for the mineral.
You cant shoot a 180 if you shoot a spike!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I have been using minerals for a long time on my property near Brainerd, we usually find a stump that is on a major trail and we poor mineral over it and then dump a bag of corn over the top of that. The deer find the mineral by the corn and we have had great luck doing that. At first we had a few deer running around that were in the 140" class and after 3 years of using minerals we started to get bigger deer. The first buck that we got over the stump was a 120" class 3 year old and after watching that buck for 2 years he went from a 120" class to a 183 6/8. I dont think that he would have got that big if it were not for the mineral.

If you get the right stuff it can really help! What is great about something like the Rack Back product is that it is not only good for putting on bone but it also is good for health, which is great for does and great for putting healthy deer on the ground. I have really been getting into this stuff lately and doing a lot of reading. I am amazed at the impact that it can have. I say chose carefully if you are serious about it and serious about your deer. You have some awesome deer on your property cmpswampy....hopefully this year you will connect with one of those bad boys!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I made it out this morning to do some work in the woods and while there I freshened up the mineral sites. From the looks of the areas the deer are hammering it! I took my cams out a couple weeks ago but will have them back this week!

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Egads, looks like you are feeding the deer used motor oil. :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Think i am gonna have to give this stuff a try! Healthier deer and bigger racks what else could you ask for besides a healthy deer with a big rack on the ground this fall!  :happy1:

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just put this stuff out this yr on a spot where I had a Deer Cane block last yr. The deer have been still licking in this spot but not very often. So I'm gonna see if the deer start using it more frequently. I've only heard good things about Rack Back.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Here is a pic of one of my mineral sites. I replenished it with Rack Back the other day and added to logs and a trophy rock that I had a few yards away. I'm sure the deer will be heavy on this right away! I forgot my trail cam last time out but will be sure to bring it out next week and see whats hitting it! Hoping to see some antler!

Here is a salt/mineral block that I have out as well. I had the trophy rock here but moved it into the rack back site.

Here is a pic of the rack back site, I just added the rock and the logs to give the rack back something to penetrate rather than the ground. They have been digging at that long enough.

A little something for everyone.....

This is on the edge of the area where the clover will go.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Think i am gonna have to give this stuff a try! Healthier deer and bigger racks what else could you ask for besides a healthy deer with a big rack on the ground this fall!  :happy1:

Something I found on the Rack Back site... thought it was very interesting.

•  Suppli-Mix® is a combination of cobalt and lactic acid that improves nutrient digestibility in ruminants. Suppli-Mix® includes a soluble form of cobalt that beneficial bacteria use to make vitamin B12. This is particularly critical in the production of glucose, which is a very direct source of energy for body organs and the central nervous system. It is also the energy source of a fetus, and is combined with galactose in the production of milk. The key benefits of improved nutrient digestibility in deer are healthy fawns, doe milk production, and antler development in bucks.

•  Arabinogalactan is a dietary fiber most notable for its positive impact on animal growth, feed efficiency, and gut health through times of stress. Arabinogalactan is a preferred source of food for certain species of beneficial bacteria that establish proper microbial ecology of the lower GI tract of animals.

•  IntegraMOS® contains mannaoligosaccharides (MOS) and Beta-glucans. Both of these compounds are carbohydrates. MOS is a well researched carbohydrate that promotes desirable rumen bacteria. Beta-glucans improve immune system function by improving blood integrity.

•  Oregano oil extract is a well-documented antioxidant and digestive aid. It is used effectively in ruminant animals to stimulate intake and to promote digestive health.

•  RackBack contains zinc, manganese, and copper amino acid complexes which offer higher bioavailability than inorganic forms (sulfates and oxides). These key trace minerals along with cobalt have a functional impact on skeletal and antler development, immune response, reproduction, and hoof/hair condition.

•  Vitamin E and selenium are both depleted rapidly in stressed animals. RackBack includes Natural Vitamin E and organic selenium because these forms have been proven to be significantly more available than synthetic or traditional supplemental sources.

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty hard to beat the trophy rock isn't it?
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Pretty hard to beat the trophy rock isn't it?

I guess it all depends on what your reason for putting it out is. I use a Trophy Rock as well in some areas and it works well for pictures but I also pour the rack back over the rock where I have it. Trophy rock is def my second favorite I put out. I have tried many products and have never used anything that works as good as rack back and trophy rock. I tried that mix that everyone talks about and nothing hit it. I also have tried a few other products with no success. I shouldn't say no success. Limited success is a better word. As far as bringing in bucks these too above mentioned products stand alone.
« Last Edit: June 06/26/10, 08:58:07 PM by MNO »

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

They carry it at:

Marties Farm Service
3950 227th Ave. NW
St. Francis, MN 55070
763-753-1355

Or its available on-line:

http://shopcamdenoutdoors.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CamdenStore&Category_Code=GCRB

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman

They carry it at:

Marties Farm Service
3950 227th Ave. NW
St. Francis, MN 55070
763-753-1355

Or its available on-line:

http://shopcamdenoutdoors.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CamdenStore&Category_Code=GCRB

They have the same Marties in Elk River too so it might be available there as well.  And that is only a 15 min ride north from Cabelas in Rogers in case anyone is interested. 
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline cmpswampy

• Outdoorsman
Man I got some of that Rack Back and man I tell you it works like a charm...I wish my computer would let me upload the video. The deer are accually eating the log. I have chunks eaten out of a log right in front of my trailcamera and it is only getting better as the year goes on.
You cant shoot a 180 if you shoot a spike!

Offline gveire

• Outdoorsman
whats the web site where you can buy some??
DU   ~~~ Ducks Unlimited
RMEF ~~ Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
LVHRC ~ Las Vegas Hunting Retreavers Club
Las Vegas Dock Dogs