Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DNR offers 38 parcels of land for sale  (Read 1216 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
News Releases
DNR offers 38 parcels of land for sale
(Released September 13, 2010)

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will offer a total of 38 parcels of land for sale at public auctions scheduled for October.

The first “oral auction” will be held on Thursday, Oct. 21, at the DNR Central Office (500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN) at 10 a.m., with registration to begin at 9:45 a.m. There are a variety of parcels being offered in Aitkin, Cook, Hennepin, Lake, Martin, Nobles, Pipestone, St. Louis, and Washington counties.

The second oral auction will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 26, at the Bemidji City Hall (317 4th Street NW, Council Chambers Room, Bemidji, MN) at 11 a.m., with registration beginning at 10:45 a.m. Parcels in Beltrami, Hubbard, Itasca, Polk, Red Lake, Roseau, and Wadena counties will be up for sale.

These sales include parcels with a mix of potential uses, from residential to recreational to riparian.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked into one of these auctions a couple years back and it seemed like every piece I was interested in had no legal access. Whats the point of buying land you cant access? I am sure not all are this way though.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, the few that I have gone to...the parcels are land locked. But, it gives the adjacent land owners a chance to purchase increase their lot size.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!