Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Brad Childress Era in Minnesota is over.  (Read 5108 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Updated Nov 22, 2010 12:14 PM ET
The Brad Childress Era in Minnesota is over.

The team relieved the head coach of his duties Monday morning, FOXSports.com has learned.

NFL WEEKLY REVIEW PAGE
Get caught up on all the action from Week 11.
The team relieved the head coach of his duties Monday morning, FOXSports.com has learned.

Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier will take over as the interim head coach.

Childress, 54, compiled a 39-35 record in five seasons in Minnesota, including 3-7 this season.

The team had visions of a Super Bowl berth after quarterback Brett Favre put together perhaps his finest season in 2009 and the Vikings went 12-4.

But things went sour quickly, as the Vikings lost three of their first four games. Then, at Childress’ behest, the team acquired embattled receiver Randy Moss, then, only weeks later, Childress released Moss without consulting owner Wilf Zygi. It was then that Childress’ job security appeared at its most tenuous.

The firing comes one day after the Vikings were embarrassed by the Green Bay Packers 31-3, their second loss in a row.

MORE TO COME..... :popcorn:  Rumor has it that he may take over the MNO 2011 Fishing Challenge next season.  :cry:

« Last Edit: November 11/22/10, 11:53:46 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Misky

• Outdoorsman

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
The worst part about this is that it should have been done a few weeks ago! Now we are going to start winning, things will come together BUT its just too late to make a difference....this year anyways.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
The worst part about this is that it should have been done a few weeks ago! Now we are going to start winning, things will come together BUT its just too late to make a difference....this year anyways.

I agree 100%!  We could have saved this season if the move would have been made a month ago!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
No, the season would not have been saved four weeks ago. A lot wrong with this team and the firing of Chilly is not going to make it all right. O line is a mess and lost another starter yesterday. Farve has more parts on him broke then working. Same O coach will be handling the O as Frazier is a D man which as not been playing well as a unit either. The only real bright spot will be that the team will play as a team again and will play for Frazier. Maybe we will see a few wins and maybe it will be worth watching past halftime.  I hope so otherwise it is going to be a long winter.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Your right.... Childress is not the only thing wrong. I have been a Favre fan since he started playing in GB BUT I believe he should of been benched a long time ago. Our O-Line is trash and he is not mobile. T Jack can scramble and air the ball to our receivers who are good and can catch it. BUT then again, now that Chilly is gone Favre can probably play his type of ball so its very possible he might start playing better. It was no secret that Chilly was a thorn in his side and vice versa. Full of issues that team... yes indeed, but without strong and good leadership the ship and structure fails. Restore that and you just fixed a lot of those problems.  

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The next best thing that will happen will be with Chilly gone Tjack will be next. If he was good enough to play they would have not gone to Mississippi to bring Farve back this season. Good receivers? Where? Rice is back because if he did not play Sunday he wound have to go on the IR for the rest of the season. Rest of the receivers are 3rd stringers at best, only Harvin is a stud! and he is not a #1 wideout but a slot receiver. I think last year was the Vikes shot and now it will be rebuilding time again..   :sorry: As much as I hate to say it we may be watching the Packers in the playoffs and seeing a lot of green and gold in Viking country. I would rather see Chicago then that happen!   :blues brothers:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
If nothing else the next 9 months are going to be very interesting!  :happy1:

New QB, New O - Line, New Coach... it could be fun! I hope....

Offline JECAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

New location.... Los Angelos?...  :whistling:

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Frazier stated that Favre will start next weekend againts the Redskins---Clueless???
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

New location.... Los Angelos?...  :whistling:

I would not be surprised......

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Frazier stated that Favre will start next weekend againts the Redskins---Clueless???

That might say something about Jackson's stock. A new coach wants to win.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

That might say something about Jackson's stock. A new coach wants to win.

Good point.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
first off hearing the whole los angelos thing gets old, they arent going anywere......jackson has never really been unleashed, always on a tight lease because childress was afraid he would make a mistake, but brett has made what 23 mistakes(turnovers) this year? childress was a horrible coach. and jackson has never really had much of a shot, childress never opened up the playbook and allowed him to play! plus the guys receivers were HORRIBLE! shank in his first year here couldnt catch a cold, troy williamson well ill just leave it at troy williamson haha. sidney was here but he was just a rookie and was hurt. Benard berrian? well he was a mistake in the first place, why would ya sign a receiver from the bears? haha

the problem WAS childress, the team would no longer play for him. i mean the guy ran threw 5-6 QB's in the 4 1/2 years he was here, that says alot about his "kick ass offense"...

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like to see them open the offense for Jackson just so people will get over the thought of this guy being a starter. He can not read a defense. The only benefit jackson brings to this team right now is mobility. The line cant block so maybe that would help but its all wated energy talking about it since Favre will start anyway

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
first off hearing the whole los angelos thing gets old, they arent going anywere......

Thats what they said about the North Stars.... The state of Hockey. They'll never leave.  :whistling:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
first off hearing the whole los angelos thing gets old, they arent going anywere......

Thats what they said about the North Stars.... The state of Hockey. They'll never leave.  :whistling:

ya and look how long it took to get another back, plus all the whining and  :censored: about it

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
So true MNO, so true.... never say never.  Chili had to go, BUT all the issues I had mentioned at the beginning of the season are still there, glaring at us, minus Rice being back.  The #1 issue..... WE DONT HAVE A FREAKING CENTER!!!!! :banghead: :doah: :scratch: :surrender:  End of story..... Fraizer will be a great coach, but even Papa George Halis or the like cant make a starting center appear out of thin air..... Wait, theres a guy called Merlin.... :whistling:(He could make Blubbering Brett disapear! ;D)  T-Jack will be gone, he's a Chilli mistake that Chilli was going to sit on till he was gone, or he would be admitting to a BIG mistake by letting him go.  Yep.... rebuilding time, unfortunatly.... glass half full take on it all.... we still have a decent core of players, both young and old, if we can still sign the needed ones, and get thru the upcomming strike year, and put-off the team getting moved/sold..... they'll be OK in the future with Leslie at the helm, I think.... :scratch:

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm not sold on Frazier quite yet, at least he's not Chilly though! :woot:  Out of 10 games this year with our "D" having the same issues with no pressure and sacks etc...  I think I saw Frazier change it up how many times??? :scratch:  Time will tell with now with what he does with this team on the remaining games left, I don't agree with his decision to start Favre again but that might be a Ziggy deal. :tequila;  All I kinow is that the Vikes can now make other teams loose playoff spots, too bad were done with the Pack, dang it :oops1:
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I thought the forecast was it was supposed to be alot less chilly. Makes it tough bowhunting in this cold.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
All My Childress is over, that's all that matters is Colonel Klink is no longer in charge of anything. Good riddance. Start Favre, T-junk doesn't have a clue or they wouldn't have gone after Favre the first or second time. Finish up the season, suck enough for some draft pics and get a damn QB for once!!
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.