Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lifetime hunting license  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I am thinking of buying a lifetime fishing, and also a lifetime deer firearms license.  I have been told that if you buy a lifetime resident license and move out of state, it is still good.  I am moving to the Black Hills area of South Dakota in July because of a new job.  I am not sure if we will be staying in SD (forever).  I am planning on fishing and deer hunting in MN every year even if I do not live here (family traditions).  Any advice?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think you could buy a lifetime license for deer hunting, might want to check that out.  The part about moving out of state am not sure about but if I'm not mistaken you have to renew them every yr in order to keep them anyhow. Sorry I don't know all the details as I haven't read up on them that much. It sounds to me like you would be wise to read up on it a bit as if you bought a lifetime and were unable to use it once moved out of state, it would be a waste of your money.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
It looks like I could buy the lifetime license and still use it if I move out of state.

I found this on the the MN DNR site.

Resident lifetime license is valid even if the licensee moves out of state
A lifetime license remains valid even if the license holder moves out of Minnesota. The licensee will still need to obtain an annual license to hunt or fish in Minnesota.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lifetime/residents/index.html
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
yes there is a lifetime deer license. gun only though... i believe.
yes you can buy one and still use it if you move out of state.
yes you have to register every year, you don't have to pay.
if you skip a year, you can still use it the year after that.  you don't have to register every year to keep it current.

I have the sportsman, and it's nice to just give them your card to swipe and get a license every year. 
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Thanks for the info Big_fish_guy.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com