Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What is everybody up to?  (Read 3854 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have noticed that the conversations have been slow as of late...

So, I figured i would start a topic to find out what everybody is up to.

I'll start:

Since the spring started (if ya wanna call it) We have been busy with farm work, planting crops. Started a couple new food plots. Working on a project boat (done) Planning a few fishing trips (one is this weekend) And getting ready to cut hay (yes, I'm a little behind) And, getting in some fishing when we have time.

So? What have you been up to?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee:

I havent been as active as of late - I just finished up an internship at the end of May and I start my job in 2 weeks, so I have had the entire month of June off and ive been all over the place.  Cabin, Chicago, visiting friends all around the state, etc.  But I have a certification exam for CLS in a few days, so I have been busy studying for that over the last week.  Its been a busy start to the summer.

I have been able to get out fishing a little though.  Catching alot of nice sunnies at the cabin, we have the honey hole right past our dock, and some nice bass (of course I had no tape measure when I was catching them, so they wont be counted for the Fishing Contest).  No walleyes though - they have been tough to come by.

:blablabla:  :blablabla: and thats all!!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
My work has picked up some recently.
I just finished a logo for Carlson Real Estate - a 500 acre site on the west end of Lake Minnetonka. Nice project I hope there are more to come. Attended Gonzee Fest 2 weeks ago (see photo). What a blast. Just designed a new t-shirt that has great potential - I hope. Fishin' this weekend.

Trying to catch something worth posting in the Challenge but it's been slow so far. I did get a pretty good bass last weekend. Pulled him in amongst a pile of weeds. Finally found his very big mouth and when I grabbed him by the lip the sucker shook out of my hand. Never did get a good look at it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I got my own route at UPS.  Its around the Blaine airport.  So I have been putting in about 50-55 hours a week.  Put in a food plot at the cabin.  Have taken the kids fishing a couple of times.  Last week with the boys we hit the boy river and they had a blast.  20 plus hammer handles.  size didn't matter to the kids. the little pike jumped and would hit a couple of times if they missed the lure the first time.  Heading to the cabin over the 4th with the whole family.  Hoping to build a few bear pits while the kids sleep in. 

Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I finished up my annual golf outing.  36 holes a day for 4 days is getting tougher to do.  The good news is while I was there the ATI-51s were field tested on Lac Seul in Ontario Canada.  They performed better than expected out fishing the standard jig 4 or 5 to 1.  The bad news is the guides are onto them and their orders are coming in. I have 400 more to make before I can go fishing. :banghead:   My lure business is part time and right now I am spending more time at it than my day job.  We will be having some reports coming in the Canada forum complete with pics.  I can't wait to try these on Leech.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
   I finished up my annual golf outing.  36 holes a day for 4 days is getting tougher to do.  The good news is while I was there the ATI-51s were field tested on Lac Seul in Ontario Canada.  They performed better than expected out fishing the standard jig 4 or 5 to 1.  The bad news is the guides are onto them and their orders are coming in. I have 400 more to make before I can go fishing. :banghead:   My lure business is part time and right now I am spending more time at it than my day job.  We will be having some reports coming in the Canada forum complete with pics.  I can't wait to try these on Leech.

Sweet jig my brother.

I hope to try out some of the other great sample items that you sent Borgie and I this next week in the BWCA :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Well, I've finished my last scheduled guide trip and kept this week open to pack for vacation. I have to switch everything from the big Lund to the small Lund. The small Lund only gets used on vacation in the BWCA once a year. I'd love to take the bigger boat, but there are size restrictions with a 25 hp limitation.

We will be gone for 3 wks and that always seems to fly by. By the time the boat is packed there is hardly room to fit a tennis ball. I'm on a mission to catch the MN. state record smallmouth bass. When I get back home it would be nice to post my record breaking smallie photo on the site.

Borgie and I will be leaving this Friday with a brief overnight stop in Cameron WI. Can't wait to pull into ELY for our groceries and on to La'Tourells Resort and the cabin. :fishing2:

« Last Edit: June 06/26/11, 06:42:10 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Well, I've finished my last scheduled guide trip and kept this week open to pack for vacation. I have to switch everything from the big Lund to the small Lund. The small Lund only gets used on vacation in the BWCA once a year. I'd love to take the bigger boat, but there are size restrictions with a 25 hp limitation.

We will be gone for 3 wks and that always seems to fly by. By the time the boat is packed there is hardly room to fit a tennis ball. I'm on a mission to catch the MN. state record smallmouth bass. When I get back home it would be nice to post my record breaking smallie photo on the site.

Borgie and I will be leaving this Friday with a brief overnight stop in Cameron WI. Can't wait to pull into ELY for our groceries and on to La'Tourells Resort and the cabin. :fishing2:

Lee and Borgie we wish you the best of luck on your vacation.  Taking one week off to pack for vacation sounds stressful to me.  You should probably take 2 weeks to prepare for vacation next year. :rotflmao:

You better get the record smallie Lee.  If you don't you could be the first repeat champ that did not post a fish.  Our friend the General likes to see numbers of posts not the end result. ;)    Your teamates have tossed up some impressive numbers.  (could be a long 2012 smackdown without a posting  :coffee:)

Be sure to say Hi to greatoutdoors for me. He is a rookie and it would be good to see if he can Make A( basic )Move.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Preparing for Nationals in Sioux Falls, t-ball, bottle babies, and my garden. Picked strawberries Saturday. 40lbs plus. I suspect we could have broke 50 but my little helper can eat her own weight I swear!!!! The proof is in the pictures!!

Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

You better get the record smallie Lee.  If you don't you could be the first repeat champ that did not post a fish.  Our friend the General likes to see numbers of posts not the end result. ;)    Your teamates have tossed up some impressive numbers.  (could be a long 2012 smackdown without a posting  :coffee:)

;D

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well I think most of you know what I have been doing (fishing) But That has not been the only think, Running a retail store is more then full time job as of this last weekend it been some 12 + hours day as now I have turtle fest done, I had over 500 people thou the door in one day, Had the chainsaw guy making eagles bears fish you name it he saw it. It was a blast see the kids watch him. Evin took a order for a pair of fur boots as I think I will be buzz then Hell this winner, which is a good thing.   

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Auggie, when you say "nationals" I assume it' a taxidermy thing?  If so, pop in a few pictures for us to judge. :Clap:

I haven't been out fishing much.  I plan to do some over the 4th.  I've been working on a couple cars, and seriously expanded my gardens this year. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
been working. and now that i am cleared with no weight restrictions after my bypass surgery cuttin a bit of wood, fishing, gardening, campin and an occasional  :toast: :drinking: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Auggie, when you say "nationals" I assume it' a taxidermy thing?  If so, pop in a few pictures for us to judge. :Clap:

I haven't been out fishing much.  I plan to do some over the 4th.  I've been working on a couple cars, and seriously expanded my gardens this year. 
I will post some pictures or a link to some pictures in the taxidermy section once it is all over. I will also post the dates/information for the National show itself. Sioux Falls is as close as it will be for a while so if anybody wants to see some great work or if you are a taxidermist, young or old, and want to get in on some great seminars take drive and get a look.
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I have four kids playing ball right now.  My oldest (15 yrs) is the starting 2nd baseman on the JV Legion team.  My 12 year old is in his final year of little league (I am the coach).  My two girls are in U8 softball and I play adult (B league) mens softball.  When we are not at the ball diamonds, we have been out fishing a few times and camping around the Black Hills.  We also have a garden that the wife and I are working at keeping the weeds out.  The past month has been a blur.  I will be heading to my parents cabin on URL this Friday for a long 4th of July weekend and family reunion (the wife has to stay at home because of work).  The kids and I can't wait to catch some of those Upper Red Lake eyes!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i have not been fishing. unfortunately i havent even purchased a liscense this year yet. i have been working overnights and then taking care of my 11 mo old and remodeling my duplex. my wife starts school this fall so im hoping to be done by then so i can watch the kid during study times.

i did mow one food plot that was planted last year and its looking great and sprayed another that we tilled last fall. planning on planting that in august. hopefully in a few years i can get back to my passions in the outdoors.
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Spring is always a busy time for me as I get most of my repairs done to properties that I oversee. This spring has been busy busy as I have grand kids to watch several days a week and my best friend and fishing partner had a heart attack a few weeks ago. He is a stubborn cuss who thinks after a few medical procedures he is as good as new. Been trying to keep him reined in and ease him back on the water and convince his cardiologist that we will keep him calmed down. ( small white lie to the doctor, he don't fish, what does he know)

Add Duncan the new puppy to the mix and a few new customers and time on the water has been slim but after mid summer we will be on the water a lot more and the wife will be spending lots of her vacation time watching kids and I will be fishing and staying out of her way!
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Where do I start. I've been working days since school ended (thank Goodness) so I've been able to see my wife and kids. Teaching the little ladies how to ride there bikes ;D, going fishing with them, a friend or the Mrs.. Having bonfire's with the family and friends. I'll be tackling decoy refurbishing here in a few weeks. Gotta go through about about 10dz duck and 2dz goose decoys. A big job but I love it...gets me stoked for my favorite time of year :happy1:. Summer projects include a re-grouted of tile work in my bathroom, new stadium seating for the fire pit, a retaining wall extension, deck staining and if the wife gets her way..an upstairs bath remodel (good luck with that honey!)  ;). I'll be heading up to Grand Rapids for the 4th and hopefully hanging a bunch of Woody boxes that have sitting for a year and a half (thanks Red). Other then that....havin a few :toast: and playing on the pc...that's about it.
Going South......in a manner of speaking!