Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: selling silver coins  (Read 953 times)

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone on here ever sell scrap silver coins? I have some pre-64 .25/.50 pieces I was thinking of selling and didn't want to get hung up at a pawn shop or somewhere else getting bent over. just wondering if anyone knows of where to get a fair price. I don't think they're worth more than the scrap value. thanks
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Depends on their condition, some of the older coins could be worth more than scrap value, but for the quarters, they would have to be from the 30's and 40's. 
I know with Silver prices where they are, the quarters are worth about $7 in scrap silver and the 50c pieces are about $6 (Kennedys) and $14 (Franklins)... but with that said, im not sure how much you can get.

If some of those older quarters are in nice shape, still shiny, free of alot of scratches and dings, I may be interested in purchasing them.  Not sure what id off though, hahha.  But let me know.
« Last Edit: August 08/11/11, 08:33:40 PM by MTCOMMER »

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll get a list together and see what kinda shape they're in.  the halfs are fraknlins and walking liberties.. most of the quarters I grabbed when I was working for a vending company in the 90's if you can beleive it. just give the can a shake when you dump it and you could hear the difference when silver was in there. I would then replace it with a newer one
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"