Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: more trees planted  (Read 2525 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Last weekend we planted 400 red oaks, 300 wild plum, and 75 crab apples.  3 weeks ago we sprayed all the grass and installed corner posts for the fence.  We hung the cables and stretched the netting.  Hopefully the deer don't figure out that the netting is very thin and couldn't stop them from walking right through without slowing them down.

« Last Edit: October 10/03/11, 07:46:42 PM by dakids »
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Man, that's a lot of deer food.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully the fence keeps them out.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
a few years back they or something knocked down my fence. I made the mistake of cutting some cedar into stakes and using that. I have since switched to metal fence posts and have been cutting cages for some of the smaller blueberry bushes and stuff I've planted.

hopefully some day your kids will get to enjoy those big oaks your planting.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I plan to live and hunt until I'm 100.  Trees will be plent big by then. :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If I remember correctly, last year might have been the first year in the past sever decades that my dad didn't plant a tree or trees.  Then again he's slowing down some at 93.  Best time to plant a tree was yeaterday, today isn't bad either. :toast:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
we ran out of good spots at the land to plant anymore trees. I think now what I'll do is wait and maintain what we've planted and then replace the ones we lose.

slowing down at 93? man, that generation just doesn't wanna work does it?   ;D 
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"