Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 15 and still ticking  (Read 1405 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I woke up at 5 am yesterday covered in swet and my heart going about 120 beats a min.  CRAP I was in A-Fib again.  My wife drives me to the ER and the hook me up, Knock me out and light my butt up.  Dr shocked me 5 times and it didn't work.  As I wake up I know it didn't work.  They call a cardiologist up and instructs them to give me a med and shock me again and to use the old school paddles instead of the sticky paddles.  Finally worked.  My chest is VERY sore and I have a burn mark on my chest and back.

Good news is I'm leaving this morning for bear camp.  Wife and parents think I shouldn't go but I can't sleep knowing there are bear waiting to get shot.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
you crazy old man thats problobly the one thing that would stop me for a day

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
It was the 15th time that I have been converted.  It is the very reason that I am going.  You should live every day like it might be your last, because it MIGHT BE.  I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and live a healthy life.  Dr. said my electrolites were very good and there wasn't anything that I could have done to stop it.  I'm not that old, I'm only 42, lots of gray hair from my 4 kids, but I feel young most days.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
I agree Live every day as it might be your Last!  Hope you are seeing a good cardiologist!  Good luck on the Bear hunt, we want to see pics.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    Good luck on your hunt.  Make sure you have plenty of help hauling that thing out of the woods. :happy1: :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Wow dakids - You are doing exactly what I say I would be doing given the circumstances. Big difference between living it and thinking about it.
I hope you have the best bear hunt of your life, and then an even better one the next year... and on and on for the next 40 years - make that 50 years.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv