Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: violation rates unacceptable  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :police: DNR: Invasive species violation rates unacceptable :banghead:

MINNEAPOLIS  — A crackdown on the spread of aquatic invasive species isn’t getting through to enough Minnesota boaters, the Department of Natural Resources said Monday.

:coffee: better get wit da program folks :whistling:
http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100041094/publisher_ID/3/
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Although their intentions may be in the right place, I just don't see driving around with your boat plug out being a big factor.  Two weeks ago I pulled my buddies boat from his lake.  While at his place I pulled the drain plug.  (First time it's been out in 10 years).  I pulled the boat back to my place (175 miles) and stored it in my garage.  A few day ago I pulled it out to do some work on it.  I stopped with the back of the boat lower than the front and I would guess at least a gallon of water drained out.  I wondered how this could be after driving that far and storing the boat with the plug out.  I found the cause.  Some boats have the drain at the very bottom of a sump in the back of the boat.  His boat (Smoker Craft) has the drain plug off to the side about 3 inches from the lowest point.  This means that unless you take some extream measure such as backing down a steep incline (with the right side higher than the left) you can easily leave a gallon of water in the bilge.  I wonder, when you go through a boat check, do they only check to see if the plug is out, or do they actually check if there is water in the boat?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got my answer to the water question.  Although not given a citations, "three warnings were issued for trporting water".  The boaters had pulled the plug on their live well, but all the water hadn't drained out.  "They made the effort," said Lt. Pat Znadja, but should have used a sponge to remove the rest of the water.
Be sure and pack the hair dryers to dry up any damp spots in your boat!  I wonder what happens if you drove through a rain shower prior to being inspected?  How do you get that wet carpet to dry so you can pass inspection?   And god sake, don't leave a wet life jacket in the boat.   :puke:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Over the weekend the kids used the new kayak they got and when we brought it home we didn't pull the plug,  it is only 8.5 feet long and does not need to be lisenced.  Does the kayak need to have the plug pulled even though the plug is 5 inches from the lowest point?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I wonder if you have to open the bungs the pontoons???   Dakids, yes, the law doesn't say anything about "licensed" devices.