Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear Opener success  (Read 3155 times)

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We rarely hunt the mornings, but do to trail cam footage, we had a good feeling on this bait site.  My brother took this nice 200 lbs sow around 15 minutes after we left him on stand opening morning.

Great to share a kill with my son in the blind on our boundry waters hunt opener evening.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like great hunts to me.  Congrats on the bears. :Clap:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Very nice!!!!  As my kids wood text, I'm so jelly.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Stnmtz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Congrads nice Bear!!!!
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
congrats gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :Photography: :Photography: :toast: :toast:

good thing ya'all took the collars off before taking  :Photography: :Photography:!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: JUST KIDDING!!! congrats guys!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Goosepond Monster

• Outdoorsman
  • Easy Livin'
    • Hoosier Hunters
Nice.  I'd love to get up to Minnesota for a black bear hunt with my bow.

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Got a short video of the bear hunt loaded to photobucket

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
Sweet video you rocked him

Offline Onin24Eagle

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Congrats on a successful hunt!

Even better to be able to share this with your son!  I can't wait for that day.  My oldest boy is only 4...

I don't hunt bear but I know several people that are infatuated with it.  Speaking with them in recent weeks and also seeing the activity on my own trail cameras I have to agree with what you said above.  The bears have been acting a little out of character this year.  Lots of morning pics and even some in the middle of the day.  I don't have cameras on baits either (since I don't hunt bear), they're just wandering around aimlessly...
2011 MNO Deer Hunting Challenge Champion

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Cool video!!!!   What type of camera do u use?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just using the digital video option on my GE 14.1 megapixal camera...it has the 15x optical zoom which allows for a little better close-up videos.  I bought the camera on one of those black Friday specials for $180...but my experience with it is not favorable...I have to take 5 pics if I hope to have come out OK...video capture is better, but you still have to remember to hold the pic button halfway down to focus each time or videos come out blurry as well.

I preferred my old 4 megapixal point and shoot...still made decent pics, and all clear as a bell.  I really do like the higher quality video I get with this one though.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i have heard, anyone else......................of a bear that got hit on hwy 10 just south of the hwy 101/169 exit by the big car dealership in elk river???????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!