Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnesota's walleye stamp  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 What's your opinion here? :whistling:   Would you purchase one or not :scratch: If yes OR no why? What's your opinion :popcorn:

Minnesota's walleye stamp

You can support walleye fishing by voluntarily purchasing the Minnesota walleye stamp. Buy your stamp wherever DNR licenses are sold, including online.

Proceeds from sales of the stamp, which is not required to fish for or keep walleye, are used to maintain and enhance Minnesota's famed walleye fishing.

When you add the $5 walleye validation to your fishing license, those dollars flow into a dedicated account for walleye stocking. For $0.75 more, the DNR will mail you the actual walleye stamp as a collector's item.

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources stocks walleye in about 1,000 lakes that cover roughly 1 million acres. This effort costs more than $3 million per year. Your purchase of a walleye stamp supports the purchase of fish from certified private providers.

Minnesota is blessed with about 2 million acres of walleye water, of which about one-half have strong self-sustaining walleye populations. Stocking improves fishing in walleye waters where natural reproduction occurs at only low or moderate levels.

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I would not be buying a walleye stamp on a voluntary basis.
We all know what happens to these "dedicated accounts" when they get a little money in them, or the state budget gets short. With this fund you can bet in a few years that the legislature will see the money and say  "We wont fund your budget by this amount" or as with other suposedly dedicated funds  "We can borrow this and pay it back later(read never)".
Just my view.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I would not be buying a walleye stamp on a voluntary basis.
We all know what happens to these "dedicated accounts" when they get a little money in them, or the state budget gets short. With this fund you can bet in a few years that the legislature will see the money and say  "We wont fund your budget by this amount" or as with other suposedly dedicated funds  "We can borrow this and pay it back later(read never)".
Just my view.
Damn straight Ray! Any funds given in good will for any purpose are vulnerable to someone that wants or feels they can use the funds in a more important matter (especially polititians).
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Case-n-point,our ssn money,rob peter to pay paul.

As far as I'm concerned,I vote to make the walleye stamp mandatory for non-rez folks,further if our state needs the extra revenue lets cap the days on a non-rez fishing license,say 10 or 14days,after all thats what we get for small game and waterfowl as non-rez from our neighbors to the west or huge non-rez license fee's elsewhere...
« Last Edit: October 10/13/12, 12:56:09 PM by snow »
Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com