Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: JOIN THE NEW BRIGHTON SPORTSMAN'S CLUB!!!!  (Read 5424 times)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
  :Turkey: Once a month, at 7:30 pm, on the 4th Tuesday of every month, members of the NBSC (New Brighton Sportsman's Club) get together at the New Brighton Eagles Club on Old Hiway 8. (in New Brighton)  :Deer: We are looking for new members to a group that has been around for over 65 years! :bow:  We run the Long Lake Ice Fishing Contest, which is the longest running contest in MN, maybe the nation. :scratch: (65 yrs this Feb.) We raise money to send kids to a conservation camp each summer, run a food wagon at the contest and at the Stockyard Days every summer in NB.... we have a wild game feed, picnics etc and a gun club outing every year, build wood duck houses and work on other local and state conservation issues...  We need new members to help us with our causes and always are looking for new ideas and new ways to futher educate and represent the outdoor lifestyle..... :campfire: :fishing2:  Its a great group of folks... free camo member cap when you join up, free drink ticket for every meeting, :toast: there's always some kind of a raffle at the meetings and other get-togethers and much more!  let me know if you have any questions!  Next meeting is comming up Tues. March 26th at 7:30pm, hope to see some MNO folks there! :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   It looks like a  :happy1: for Fawkinnae and myself. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Great!  I'll see you guys there.... Unless there some big shindig going on, the meetings are held in the main caffeteria across from the bar... (otherwise in the basement meeting room...) I have a family member in the hospital, so I havent been on here/to work, in a few days..... should be there on time though... I let one of the guys there (Dave) know you'd be comming also, just in case......

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I'm going to have to back out.  I am very sorry I was looking forward to it.  I am finding that the IRS man is requiring more of my time than I had planned on.  :bonk: :banghead: :bonk:

Yeah like tonight's going to make a difference...
« Last Edit: March 03/26/13, 06:20:45 PM by Fawkinnae »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Oops sorry - I didn't mean to modify your post.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Doug, Thanx for checking out our meeting last week!  (and for the pout sticker! :happy1:)  I hope DDSBYDAY will able to swing by next time.... sorry for hanging out there so late there at the eagles(bar ;)) that night Doug, Im actually one of the first guys to scramble out of there, believe it or not... but it was good catching up with you, dont think Ive seen you since Poutfest a year or two back.... On a side note, did I see you on Common Grounds, a PBS show I catch from time to time ?  The show was on The Hackensack  flea market /art fair I think and you had dock/bench fish art.... I was practicing my guitar looked up at the tube and It had to be you or your evil twin there at a booth talking bout some of your wares!  Had to be you.... did a great job!  (if in fact that was you! ;)  Thanx again!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Hey Doug, Thanx for checking out our meeting last week!  (and for the pout sticker! :happy1:)  I hope DDSBYDAY will able to swing by next time.... sorry for hanging out there so late there at the eagles(bar ;)) that night Doug, Im actually one of the first guys to scramble out of there, believe it or not... but it was good catching up with you, dont think Ive seen you since Poutfest a year or two back.... On a side note, did I see you on Common Grounds, a PBS show I catch from time to time ?  The show was on The Hackensack  flea market /art fair I think and you had dock/bench fish art.... I was practicing my guitar looked up at the tube and It had to be you or your evil twin there at a booth talking bout some of your wares!  Had to be you.... did a great job!  (if in fact that was you! ;)  Thanx again!

Hi Greg - What do you mean, "...sorry for hanging out there so late there at the eagles bar." I love that part of it. How often do you get to talk to an 85 year old Japanese women who was stuck in an internment camp in Idaho during WW2. I had a great time - thanks for the invite. I'll be back.

That is so funny - Hackensack flea market - yup that was me. Selling Fawkinnae stuff and fish art signs. And thanks for the nice compliment - my first infomercial.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess Im not sorry, :whistling: was just suprised to kinda look up & see we were pretty much the last people there when we took off.... :scratch:  yeah, Ive talked to Sashi a few times before, but just small talk really... was surprised when she started telling us of her past.... very interesting for sure!  Yeah I think I only caught like half of that Common Grounds show but they repeat them once & a while so I gotta catch what I missed... pretty cool show, they have a good mix of music/artists/outdoors related insight to the northern part of MN that most would never see/know about.... good stuff!  Have a Board meeting tomorrow with the NBSC folks tomorrow, but the next meeting is Tuesday April 23rd, 730pm NB Eagles Club...... :happy1: :toast:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
NBSC meeting tonite 730 pm at the New Brighton Eagles Club on old Hwy 8..... hope to see you there :happy1:  Next meeting on Tuesday May 28th 730 pm..... almost always the 4th Tuesday of the month..... Thanx everyone!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Next NBSC meeting this coming tuesday may28th 730 pm NB Eagles Club.... Hope to see you there!  (Ddsbyday?  Fawkinnea? :happy1:)