Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Brian Urlacher retires  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Updated May 22, 2013 11:50

Brian Urlacher has retired after 13 stellar NFL seasons.

"After spending a lot of time this spring thinking about my NFL future, I have made a decision to retire," the former Chicago Bears star linebacker posted Wednesday on Whosay.com.
The Bears opted not to re-sign Urlacher, and he found the free-agent market dry. Rumors connected him to the Denver Broncos and Minnesota Vikings, but both teams denied interest.

A four-time All-Pro and the 2005 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, Urlacher saw his effectiveness limited by injuries in recent years. He missed four games in 2012 and made 68 tackles in the 12 games he did play.

Urlacher, 34, played his entire career with the Bears after they made him a first-round pick in 2000 out of New Mexico.

"Although I could continue playing, I'm not sure I would bring a level of performance or passion that's up to my standards," he said in the statement. "When considering this, along with the fact that I could retire after a 13-year career wearing only one jersey, for such a storied franchise, my decision became pretty clear.

"I would like to thank all of the people in my life that have helped me along the way. I will miss my teammates, my coaches and the great Bears fans. I'm proud to say that I gave all of you everything I had every time I took the field. I will miss this great game, but I leave it with no regrets."
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't see this coming, I thought for sure he would hook up and play at least another season. Maybe the Bears will find a spot for him in the organization?
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Didn't see this coming, I thought for sure he would hook up and play at least another season. Maybe the Bears will find a spot for him in the organization?

You mean like they did for Mike Singletarry. :cry:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

You mean like they did for Mike Singletarry. :cry:
Singletarry wanted to coach, don't know if Urlacher wants to do that, but who knows. No one knew he was just going to retire either.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He didn't retire, no body wanted him.  Same thing happened to be back in 2008.  I could say I "retired" but the truth is my company didn't want me working there anymore.  Just like the old saying goes "you can't fire me, I quit". :whistling: 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
He didn't retire, no body wanted him.  Same thing happened to be back in 2008.  I could say I "retired" but the truth is my company didn't want me working there anymore.  Just like the old saying goes "you can't fire me, I quit". :whistling:  

Deadeye probably has it right. It's a big risk taking on a veteran player with a history of recent injury problems. Not to mention the cost of giving him a contract with the salary cap restraints on the teams. On the other hand would he come out of retirement under the right circumstances. :scratch:

What ever happens I hope he finds peace and can get on with his life. Who knows, Jenny McCarthy :queen2: may decide to rekindle their brief relationship. :whistling:
« Last Edit: May 05/22/13, 04:12:42 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Goosepond Monster

• Outdoorsman
  • Easy Livin'
    • Hoosier Hunters
I'm just happy I don't have to see him hobbling around this season, especially in a girly color like purple.