Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Spring is here!  (Read 1124 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Has anybody thought about their food plots yet?

I have been thinking about this a lot! After what I saw last deer season, I need to make some changes. I saw more hunters last year, than I have ever seen in past. So, that leads me to believe that I need to figure out a way to draw and keep the deer here (or in close proximity) of my land.....

I'm thinking of growing a large plot of just Kale. It is planted late (August) and stays green well past any frost. I planted a small area last fall, and literally, it just died the beginning of March. And.....the deer LOVE it!

What is your plan?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I wouldn't plant just 1 plant.   Deer like different foods at different times of the year.  We plant corn, clover, winter wheat or winter rye grain.  We are adding beans to the mix this year.

Going to do some frost seeding clover next weekend.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.