Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MN.D.U. ATV Raffle win a new Polaris  (Read 5430 times)

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
       This is the same raffle as posted in the General discussion forum. Just shorter.

The drawing is for a new Polaris 700 twin A.T.V. Tickets are $10.00 each. Drawing to be held Feb.17th You need not be present to win. Proceeds go to Minnesota State Ducks Unlimited. Polaris donates two four wheelers a year. Buyer and seller each win a new machine. If you are interested, pm me with your name, address and phone # then I will pm back with the address to send your raffle fee and I will mail you your ticket. I really hope someone from M.N.O. wins
                              Thanks
                        Ken Huntington
« Last Edit: December 12/16/07, 08:24:36 PM by Tim »
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Denny and good luck!
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
Time is winding down.
 FYI your Ducks Unlimited dollar is spent like this:
         3%on administration and human resources
         13% on fundraising and development
         84% ON ACTUAL WATERFOWL AND WETLANDS CONSERVATION
 Which puts Ducks Unlimited in the top bracket of non profit orginizations in America

A gun owner is a citizen

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
I got more tickets in case someone still wants in. I met with the Reginal DU director last night and of the 5000 tickets availiable about only 600 are gone.
  The new ATV owner could be you.
    The Government or the Fish and Wildlife Service are not going to restore upland habitat or wetlands. It is up to us.
 Last year the Forest Lake chapters funds restored and preserved 500 acres.
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

84% ON ACTUAL WATERFOWL AND WETLANDS CONSERVATION

I quite supporting Ducks Unlimited a long time ago when they helped lobby for the overbearing wetlands preservation act.  It allowed intrusive government control over private landowners who might want to tile a wet field etc and prevented northern MN counties from selling any of the thousands of acres of tax forfeit land that just might have had a puddle on it part of the year.  Might be a duck lookin to piddle in it.....

These are just two examples of the many hardships that both private and public landowners have had to endure since this ill advised legislation was passed.

We all can enjoy the vast state and federal lands for public hunting for now.... but soon pro-hunters will likely loose control over these lands as some of the eastern states and local MN municipalities already have.  Then everything we thought we were protecting for future generations of hunters will be lost. 

Just watch the news...Government sharpshooters thinning the deer herds, Deer birth control, Natural Predation(introduction of wolves, etc.), Legislation aimed at stopping bear baiting on federally owned lands, etc.  All aimed at eliminating or reducing hunting opprotunities on public lands.  Private land ownership is the only way to trully protect our hunting heritage and the future of our hunting opprotunities. 

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Girl Guide and to Russ and Judy That have six chances now.Your stubs are on their way.
  Did you know the state of Minnesota deems any surface water that can float a canoe as public water?
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Thanks a bunch Ken!  And Goodluck to you too...wouldn't it be so awesome if someone from MNO won the wheeler?  And ofcourse you too Ken!  That would be soo sweet!  :party3:

Thanks again!  :toast:  gg

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken, are you up right now?
The "online" square shows your on but I don't want to call and wake everyone up over there.

Benny

Well I will call you Tuday at around 9 AM.

Benny
« Last Edit: February 02/12/08, 01:32:58 AM by Benny »
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I am sorry to report that someone from Stillwater Mn. won the 4 wheeler. Too bad it wasn't one of us here. Thanks to MNO for donating this space and all the nice members that contributed.
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Thanks for getting us into the raffle Ken! ~ Better luck to all of us next time!

:toast:  gg

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It was worth a try, Thanks Ken!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!