Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Over/Under WTB  (Read 4902 times)

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Looking at buying a new or slightly used over/under 20 gauge. Any help?
« Last Edit: March 03/17/06, 11:04:48 AM by Mayfly »

Offline Ryan Barthel

• Outdoorsman
It depends on what you want to spend!  I could tell ya to buy a Stoeger for $300 or a Perazzi for $35,000   It all depends on what your budget is and what you want it for.

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
chris,
it relay depends on what your going to use it for,,,for a field gun there are a few new brands out there that are kinda hard to beet for for the money,,,and you have a few of them on your shelve,,

the one thing about this new cheaper guns is that we don't know how long they will last and some of the parts are not going to be all the easy to find.

I don have a few friends that have some the Stoeger seems to be a hot seller,,

what ever gun you buy remember the one most important thing is gun fit.

a used 20 ga. o/u is not the most easy gun to find just to let yea know..

good luck and if you have any more questions you know how to get hold of me
Shut up and Shoot

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Looking between 300 bucks and a Grand. I am buying a bike in the summer, so funds are kinda limited.

So has the general feedback on Stoeger been good or bad? I have a friend who has one and loves it.

I was also looking on a feather lite too.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Chris,

I've got a Stoeger Condor Supreme Deluxe 20 ga. o/u I might be interested in parting with. I bought it last fall. Great gun, but I want to go with a 12 ga.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Chris,

I've got a Stoeger Condor Supreme Deluxe 20 ga. o/u I might be interested in parting with. I bought it last fall. Great gun, but I want to go with a 12 ga.

what would you be willing to sell or trade it for? I am sure there are some rods, reels or cash of mine that will work. St. Croix, Fenwick, Shimano, let me know.

Offline dogonpoint

• Outdoorsman
I have a stoeger side by side 20 gauge that I carry grouse hunting and love it.  I bought it for my wife, and now I will usually carry the stoeger over my 1000.00 red label.  Shoot as many guns as you can, if it feels good and you shoot well with it, it doesn't matter what it costs.  The birds don't care how shiny your gun is.
Never trust a man without a vice, cause if he's hiding it, it must be real bad.

Offline 7Pines

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
DOP is right on... ;)  I've been looking at either a Stoeger, DeHaan, Traditions, or even a Baikal (sorta heavy and homely) SXS.
Hey, if it shoulders and swings nicely and it feels good, I'll shoot it...often!
Dan

Offline ATM

• Outdoorsman
I used a 20 gauge for pheasant hunting this year and loved it. It is nice carring a light gun all day. I also went with the stoeger o/u. They now have a condor 16 guage that I am seriously thinking about purchasing. Adam

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Hey Adam,

Glad to see you found the site. Did ya get out and slay any of those Lake Sarah panfish this winter?
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline ATM

• Outdoorsman
Joe, I only made it to sarah once this year. I did fairly well on medicine this year. It was a tough ice season for me this year I did not get out much. Its probably a good thing tough. I spent a ton of time pheasant and duck hunting this year. I made a couple of trips to North Dakota and put my pointer on alot of birds this year. Adam