Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Anyone Bear Hunt Bemidji Area?  (Read 2168 times)

Offline NouKa

• Minnow
Wondering if anyone hunts bear in the Bemidji area, seems to mainly be around the iron range and Superior National Forrest areas.  Curious about population densities and success rates.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
we are about an hour north and east of bemidji. we are nearbowstring and jessie lake!!! and no sign of bear hunters this year.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My brother and I hunted the Paul Bunyan forest near Bemidji in 1999 and 2001.  Scored 2 bears in 1999 and 1 for 2 in 2001.  I saw a nice boar on one bait site, maybe 75 yards out he stood his front legs up on a log and kept looking at me intently trying to see if I was in the stand or what I was...had a lot of nocturnal bears.  We left due to heavy hunting pressure in the area, along with lots of pedestrian and 4 wheeler activity right up till dark.