Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: just wrong!!!  (Read 2084 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Read that this morning too. I agree.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So they knew what they were doing.  I wonder how many times they did this?  I agree should have been much steeper fines.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree. Seems like a little slap on the wrist. Should be more.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anybody find their names?  Must not have been white.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They were Ruskies!  (If figures, if caviar was involved.  :angry:)

The MN DNR identified the following people convicted:

Vladimiras Parsikovas (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Soma Miller (Mequon, Wis.)
Artyom Miller (Mequon, Wis.)
Sergej Jestrebov (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Pioter Miller (McKinney, Texas)
Viktor Parsikovas (Milwaukee, Wis.)

News release: Shovelnose sturgeon poaching case highlights cross-agency partnerships in effort to protect natural resources

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those are ruscy names.  Caviar is big over there of course.  They are not rookies. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
the craziest part of that article was that these fish as slow as they grow maybe only spawn 3-4 times in there lifetime......thats crazy!!!!!

in some humans that is 3-4 times to many though!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The story just made the Outdoor Life magazine website.  Now you have to worry about copy-catters finding out how lucrative poaching can be, which could lead to more illegal behavior.

Outdoor Life: Caviar Poaching Ring Busted for Illegally Killing More Than 250 Sturgeon

Shovelnose sturgeon roe sells for approximately $45 per ounce, making the freshwater fish an attractive target for poachers

In an unrelated note, I was fishing in a WI trout stream last night.  I saw a newly installed sign, but I could not read it.  I recognized Spanish and Asian words, but no English "translation".  I talked to the farmer before dark and turns out there were skads of Asians and Mexicans who'd come down and poach trout with a seining net.  He said the DNR must have caught 30 folks - and now they posted the signs.  I know game wardens hear it all the time.  "Me no understand."  "Me no speak English."  Yeah, right.  :angry:  How about, "You no fish anymore."  :puke:

Offline tumhoefer

• Outdoorsman
  • 952-388-9242
Nowhere NEAR enough in fines to deter the same behavior in the future.
Make em pay :angry2:
It’s hard to be the only utility player in a landscape dominated by special teams.
unknown author

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
This is sad. Not much stopping people from doing it in the future since the fine is less than what they can make off poaching one sturgeon.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Hinting and fishing tiguts gor 2 years. Who cares they weren't following them anyway. Money and jail time!  :bs:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you dictate that to Boar to write for you Leech?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: