Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: holiday munchies  (Read 1948 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so since its tis the holiday season, the other night i mentioned to my wife i'm getting the idea of holiday type munchies, namely slated in the shell peanuts. well pies , candy ..........ya know stuff not good for you!!! :rotflmao:

any way monday at the store i asked the produce manager if they were going to get the bulk peanuts in. yea.........nope!!!!!! :doah: sine the rona came about........all the bulk nuts, bulk bins of holiday type candies and goodies are a thing of the past!!!!!1 :confused:

yea you can buy them in sealed bags......but it just aint the same as scoopin them bulk in another bag!!!!!!!!

wonder how they go about doing the ol st Nick thing nowadays.........poor kids.  :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Regardless how you purchase them…THEY EXPENSIVE AS HELL!  I thought my local Cub, of all places, still has the scoops.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mine is making Christmas candies. Asked the grandkids what they wanted...

Almond Bark Pretzels
Gingerbread cookies
Caramels
Dipped Oreos
Frosted Sugar Cookies
Fudge
Peanut butter cookies with chocolate stars
Don't think she's done yet.  :wowza:

Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thumbs up on the whole list Ken!!! All yummy.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it all sounds great!

Online Bonus

• Outdoorsman
Here's a plate of the treats made by my wife, sisters, DIL, nieces, and a cousin last Sunday.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man does that plate of candy look great!  Wouldn't last long here. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Scenic posted a bunch of really good lookin holiday munchies in the sausage thread!!!!! :rolleyes: :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/23, 09:57:31 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Regardless how you purchase them…THEY EXPENSIVE AS HELL!  I thought my local Cub, of all places, still has the scoops.

They are free with your 5 Guys burger.
The price of nuts is out of control. It is crazy what they want for them. This will be the first year in a long time that I have not made xmas jerky or sticks. I just don’t have the time this year. :pouty: You can keep your cookies. (they do look good)

Edit: If Sharon is making the cookies I will have to have a couple.
« Last Edit: December 12/06/23, 09:54:57 AM by Rodwork »

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      All these look awesome. My wife and daughter had to cut back on their Christmas baking. Two years ago, they baked, I think, 51 dozen cookies, breads, cupcakes and candy for gifts. All I got was the goodies that burned or were deformed.
      I think it just took too much time and got too expensive.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a lot of work and I admire them for it.  LOL   I want to make a couple of batches of ice cream and maybe some cookies. 

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Why thank ya! I'll have to make some to share next time it's beer thirty at your place! 😁
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Why thank ya! I'll have to make some to share next time it's beer thirty at your place! 😁
I want in on that!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had to come back to this.  51 dozen cookies!!!   That is one heck of a batch of cookies/candy. 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
I had to come back to this.  51 dozen cookies!!!   That is one heck of a batch of cookies/candy.
It took them a few days. Made the house smell good. For some strange reason, they like to listen to Christmas music while they worked. Unfortunately, my wife really likes to listen to the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album. I find plenty of other things to do.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Ya we used to have Alvin and crew on too, years ago.  :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife usually makes a few different kinds of cookies.  The usual classics.  I usually make a cardemon cookie.

I"m also going to make some venison summer sausage with a simple recipe.  I'll post pics good or bad.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I'm making Snow Goose summer sausage.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I have been corrected by my wife. First time that's ever happened.
      She told me I forgot to mention the sheets of peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge and the peanut butter and chocolate fudge.
      Just an FYI, up until about 4 or 5 years ago, I thought she had to bake fudge in the oven.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are one lucky man.  That is just great!   Ooooh, ya don't bake fudge.  LOLOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: oh fudge! :puke: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Not alor of homade kruemkaka rosaets, or phataemon any more frea classics and so good
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"