Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gavin caught a good one.  (Read 1195 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Last week he caught an otter by an old beaver lodge and this week he caught the big male traveling from the big swamp to the drainage pond behind his house. He did everything. He didn't have a trapstand for a 220 so he made one out of a 4x4 and some nails. He put 4 roofing nails into the 4x4 for his 220. He then attached the the traps chain to the 4x4 to act as a drag incase the otter didn't die right away. He found the pinch point where his trap would require the least blending. About 5 inches of water and super tight spot on the trail coming out of the cattails. Only took 2 days to connect. He also skinned it himself. After skinning it measured 61 inches. Tally for for the year. 2 otters, 9 coon, 4 beaver, 1 mink, and 1 possum.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Well done.  It is fun to see him growing up.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is awesome!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow, that's a big one for sure. Of course the teacher/mentor should get some credit.  ;)
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice.  Good job skinning too

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Awesome job son and dad!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!

Not related at all.  3 years ago during covid I was standing behind his mother at aldie.  We were the only people without a mask on. After a little chit chat she commented on me beaver hat.   Which led to trapping.   Her son loved trapping muskrat.  She asked if I would be willing to do a science type class(demo) on beaver for a bunch of home schooled kids.  A week later I was doing a demo for 20 kids.  Gavin asked 30 plus questions but the one I liked the most was if he could come with me trapping.  He has been my little trapping buddy ever since.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Not related at all.  3 years ago during covid I was standing behind his mother at aldie.  We were the only people without a mask on. After a little chit chat she commented on me beaver hat.   Which led to trapping.   Her son loved trapping muskrat.  She asked if I would be willing to do a science type class(demo) on beaver for a bunch of home schooled kids.  A week later I was doing a demo for 20 kids.  Gavin asked 30 plus questions but the one I liked the most was if he could come with me trapping.  He has been my little trapping buddy ever since.
would you take boar under your wing to teach him to fish??? :rolleyes: :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!